Kiss You: chapter 9

chapter 9

MARY'S POV

"Can I cut in, mate?" Zayn stood standing behind us. Harry sighed, smirked, and gently let go of my waist. He tossed me a wave and a smile over his shoulder as he walked off. A faster song came on and I began to dance with Zayn. We laughed and had fun. Zayn was a lot of fun.

Aw, who am I kidding? ALL the boys were tons of fun. 

When i was done dancing with Zayn, we walked over to where the rest of the boys were... except for Liam.

"Where's Liam...?" I asked, legitimately confused. The other boys were looking around as well.

"I can't say I know..." Niall said, his eyes trailing around the club.

"I'll check the bathroom!" Louis suggested. Wow... the little childish one was actually taking some responsibility! I giggled at my own stupid thoughts.

Lou came back a couple minutes later with sad eyes. "He seems upset," Louis began, "and he's just standing there quietly..."

The boys looked genuinely concerned. They all rushed over to where he was. I followed, but I couldn't go in with them, of course. They all came out again... but still without Liam.

"He wants to talk to you, Mary," Haz said almost sadly.

My eyes popped open and I almost laughed. "Me?" I asked. "Are you... are you sure?" I questioned him. Harry nodded solemnly.

"Well... ok... I guess..." I began. "Should I... go in there...?" I wondered aloud, realizing that he was in the men's room and I was, well, not a man.

"He said he's not coming out," Niall told me pointedly.

"Well..." I started hesitantly.

"Oh, come on Mary..." Louis begged me.

"Please just do it... for Liam?" Zayn looked into my eyes in plea.

"He does seem really upset, Mar..." Haz hesitated, then continued. "You have to..."

I scrunched up my face, breathed a short "ok," and took a deep breath.

Why could Liam Payne possibly need me... in the men's bathroom...?