Kiss You: chapter 34

chapter 34

LIAM'S POV

I opened the door for Mary as we arrived in Times Square. We all pulled our hoods over our heads and slapped on our sunglasses.

I noticed Mary was walking right next to me. Harry eyes us suspiciously. Huh. I guess Mary was ignoring him. She wouldn't even look at him. I protectively wrapped an arm around her and saw Harry narrow his eyes.

My eyebrows shot up in surprise when Mary leaned into my side. Her head rested against my bicep and I realized for the first time how perfectly dainty she was. Her head only came up to my chest.

She could rest her forehead right on my heart...

I snapped myself out of the trance. I leaned in even closer to her and we were soon walking right against each other. It felt... right. I smiled a tight-lipped smile at her, not wanting to appear TOO excited. She was still stealing glances at Harry.

When she grinned back at me, I released a short sigh. It felt so good knowing she was happy here next to me.

"What is going on here?" I felt a hand slap on my back as Lou's voice rang through my ear. I felt Mary flinch and shrink back from my grasp.

Louis pushed his way in between us and I instantly felt blood rush to my cheeks. I was embarrassed about how close I had been to Mary, plus I felt angry at Lou for interrupting our connection.

"Hey Lou!" Mary said brightly after clearing her throat. She glanced at me, offering an apologetic shrug. As she strung her arm in El's and skipped off with her, Mary looked back and smiled.

She made my heart beat. It was like the time I kissed that girl in primary school. We had hidden in the yard after break time had been called. We were giggling as the headmaster called our names.

Then, heart beating, I pecked her on the lips. All I remember was feeling a rush. I felt a rush like that when Mary was against me.

"So," Louis said.

"So?" I asked him. I was hoping he wasn't going to meddle in my feelings for Mary. I didn't want to say anything before I was sure that something was there.

"You fancy her too, don't you mate?" Louis could always see through all of us. Sure, he acted like a kid most of the time, but he had his mature moments and he really cared about all of us.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I mumbled under my breath.

"It's okay Liam... I know..." Louis shot me a knowing glance. I pretended I didn't see him and just kept walking. I couldn't embarrass myself by saying I liked Mary when I wasn't sure if she felt the same. I looked up at her quickly to see her walking along with El. I watched her smile as El giggled at something she had just said.

"I see how you look at her," Louis told me. I forced myself to keep from staring up at her again.

"I looked at El like that too when I started hanging out with her," Louis said wistfully.

I peered up at Louis expressionlessly, seeing him smile back. I peeked again at Mary. this time I saw her sneak a glance at Harry. She bit her lip and looked down. I wasn't sure what she was thinking. She seemed to enjoy being with me, but Harry always seems to win the girl.

Maybe he won't this time though. Maybe...

--

THANK YOU for getting me to 1000 reads! It feels great to have the read count number in red, even if it's dark red. Y'all are awesome. Please keep reading, voting, and commenting. I especially want to hear from you new people. What are you thinking? I love feedback so don't be shy!

Meagan xx