Kiss You: chapter 13

chapter 13

Harry's POV

I'm so glad we decided to watch a horror movie.

It's not that I like seeing Mary scared out of her wits but... well... she was right on my chest. Here was one of the most beautiful girls I had ever seen and she was right next to me. I could hold her and comfort her and give her my love. It's fantastic. 

Halfway through the movie, Louis scooched over to the seat on the other side of me and nudged me in the ribs. I couldn't help but smile like an idiot because I knew what his cheeky grin was about.

"So, you going to tell me what this is all about mate?" Lou raised his eyebrows and smiled. I chuckled, but kept it low because I didn't want to scare Mary.

She looked up at Louis questioningly, and he hopped back down onto the floor. I just shrugged my shoulders. Mary stood up and walked over to the kitchen, which was to the right of our front door. I watched her walk away, probably with a big goofy grin right on my face. Just as she was walking past it, the door clicked and flew open.

"SURPRISE!" A cute brunette and feisty blonde yelled.

"OH MY GOSH PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!!" Mary said after screaming. She hunkered down into the fetal position and started shaking with fear. She was shrieking in terror. Eleanor and Perrie screamed too. El's purse fell to the ground and Perrie backed out of the doorway.

"I-I-I'm so sorry!" El apologized.

"Do we, uh, have the wrong room or something?" Perrie asked, looking around. It was dark in the living room and she probably didn't see us. I paused the movie as we all got up.

"We just came to surprise our boyfriends. See, we're from England and--" Louis cut El off as he swooped her off her feet in a hug. She giggled with joy and kissed Lou on the cheek.

Perrie looked around the room, looking for her boyfriend. Zayn came sauntering up to her and placed his fedora on her head. She wrapped her arms around him and they smiled at each other before kissing quickly. the other boys walked up.

"Oh! I have something for you, Niall!" Perrie said, releasing Zayn. "I was out to eat and when I talked to the cashier and told her who I was and what I was doing, she gave me a little something for you." Perrie pulled out two big KFC bags and winked. Niall's eyes widened and he began tearing into the chicken. 

"Niall, do you not see that the girl put her number on the bag?" El asked as Niall began eating.

"She was quite cute too!" Perrie pouted.

"Oh, look at that!" Niall blushed as he ripped the number off and shoved it in his pocket. I punched him in the arm and he smiled, then continued to eat.

"Um, um, uhhh... you're Eleanor and Perrie?" Mary stood up, and the girls returned their focus to the girl who had previously been crying on the floor.

"Yes, yes we are," they looked at each other, "and who might you be?" Perrie eyed Liam, Niall and I suspiciously. 

"Are you here to join the girlfriend club?" El asked forthrightly.

"No, no!" Mary answered. I was slightly disapponted at how quickly she shook off the possibility. "I'm an old friend of the boys, from their x-factor days. you guys just scared me because these boys," she gestured over at us, "decided to watch a horror movie and I'm a liiiiiittle jumpy now."

We all laughed, and Perrie and Eleanor hugged Mary. She felt comforted knowing that "the girlfriends" accepted her. 

"We'll finish up that movie then, shall we?" Perrie, the daredevil, asked, heading toward the living room.

Zayn--and the rest of us--followed. i stuck close to Mary, trying to relax her. When I stood next to her, I could hear her deep breaths. El gave me a look but I just shrugged. Mary didn't like me, and I didn't... like... her... did I?