Kiss You: chapter 22

chapter 22

MARY'S POV

I am so bad. I'm a horrible person. I really shouldn't be doing this... But when THE Harry Styles texts you asking if you'll meet up with him for some late-night rendezvous, do you say no? OF COURSE NOT.

That is how I ended up where I am right now. I'm sneaking out of my hotel room to find the ice machines that are supposedly at the end of the hallway on our floor.

Getting past Eleanor proved to be a bit of a challenge, and I knew from her smirk that we would continue our conversation later.

But I really wanted to do this for some reason. There was just something pulling me to Harry. There always had been... even at the X-factor, I had felt a deep connection to him when I heard his voice.

That is why I was now standing by the ice machines at the end of the hall. I couldn't explain it, but I really wanted to see him. This was my chance to have some fun with these boys I missed so dearly.

I slumped down next to the ice machine and put my head in my hands. As I pulled my hair back in a messy bun, I saw a tall shadow fall next to me.

I gasped as Harry walked right in front of me. He couldn't see me so he assumed I wasn't there. He turned so his back was facing me and pulled out his phone to text someone.

I suppressed a giggle as I stood up. It was time for payback.

Harry was totally oblivious as I softly tip-toed over to him. I tried not to laugh as I reached my little arms around his waist and up into his shirt.

"Aghhhh!" Harry screamed, clearly surprised by the cold hands on his abdomen. He turned around with shock in his eyes. When he saw me, his pupils dilated and the green became brighter.

"Harry," I whispered.

"Mary," he whispered, mocking my tone.

"Hehe," I giggled, "Our names rhyme!" I tried to lighten the mood. Harry was staring at me with such intensity that I was getting uncomfortable under his stare.

"I, uhhh..." Harry shook his head and blinked. His eyes relaxed a bit. I smiled at him, encouraging him to continue. He set his jaw. "I wanted to talk to you..."

I smiled softly to let him know that I wanted to hear what he was going to say. In all honesty, I was extremely nervous. What was going on?!

Just then, Harry reached around me and held me. I was surprised at his touch, but I let him continue. His grip felt comforting and I shivered as his hands snaked down to the small of my back.

"Remember when we were like this... in the pool...?" Harry asked me. His voice was deep and gravely. My spine tingled as I nodded.

"We kind of got interrupted, didn't we love?" I nodded again, knowing this wasn't going anywhere good. I told myself to stop this. Harry was really pushing me here.

"So," Harry cleared his throat, "look at me."

I reminded myself that this was only the hormones making me feel this way. I was only falling for Harry because he was a flirtation king. He was doing all the right things and I was only responding how all the girls did.

I refused to look at him. I didn't want to be just some other girl. But Harry refused to give in.

"Mary, please," Harry looked at me and I finally turned my eyes toward him. He looked almost sad, so I smiled at him.

Before I knew what I was doing, I realized we were leaning in to each other's faces. My mouth was just inches from his when he stopped.