Kiss You: chapter 41

chapter 41

HARRY'S POV

I can't believe they're dating. How long has Mary had feelings for him? What about last night?! Didn't that mean anything to her? Because it sure meant something to me...

It meant a lot to me, actually.

I hadn't stopped thinking about Mary since our kiss last night. The more I remembered it, the more I felt that I had to have her. I felt something I didn't before.

I had always thought she was cute, because she really was a beautiful girl. She had flaws, but they only made her more special to me.

Her light brown hair fell almost to her waist in perfect waves. She smiled- A LOT. She always seemed to have a happy aura and she never appeared to let anything bother her. But when she was upset, you could tell. Anyone could tell, because her pristine green eyes gave it away. When she was sad, they became more blue-ish and they didn't have their usual sparkle.

I growled just picturing her sparkly eyes and sincere grins. I hated that Liam got to see her smile up at him now. That was supposed to be me. I was supposed to be the one showing her how beautiful she is, not him.

But now, I saw her as more than just a beautiful girl. To me, she was all I ever wanted. She gave me a feeling that nothing in the world could change. I felt surges of emotion when we touched. I had only felt that a few times before. I couldn't imagine that Liam possibly felt as strongly about her as I did.

I was the one who loved her...

I glanced inside the store again, and I saw Liam wrap his arm protectively around her shoulders. I wanted to scream, but I was surrounded by people. They would all think I'm crazy. Instead, I threw my favorite green beanie on the ground, running my hand through my soft curls. I remembered the time that Mary told me she loved my hats and picked it up... but I was too late.

"AGHHHH OMG IT'S HARRAYYY!" I heard a female voice and turned around. A pretty girl who looked about 15 had her mouth open, screaming. Her friends looked exactly the same. They came running toward me at full speed. I put up my arms to block them, but it was no use. Other girls had already seen.

Soon there were tons of teenage girls surrounding me. I broke down and felt like crying. I signed a few arms, napkins, and phones. I took some pictures, too, but my smile wasn't real. I just clenched my teeth together and tried to form my lips into a grin. I just didn't know what to do.

Out of nowhere, Paul came barrelling through the crowd of fangirls. I hugged him immediately, excited that someone was finally here to help me.

"What were you thinking Harry?!" Paul boomed into my ear.

"I'm... I'm sorry Paul... can we just get out of here please?" I pleaded, and Paul nodded and pushed some girls out of our path.

"I know where we can go," he told me.

Soon I was being led through the Disney store and up the escalator. Paul pushed me into a door with a little stick man on it. Soon we were alone in the toilet and Paul spun me around.

"It's that girl, isn't it?" Paul seemed almost angry at me.

"W-w-what?" I stuttered. He could see through me. I couldn't help but wonder if everyone else could see it too.

"You're mad because she and Liam are an item now," Paul told me exactly what I was feeling. "You feel hurt because you felt like you had a chance with her, right?"

I nodded pathetically, not knowing what to say.

"And now that she's in the arms of someone else, you realize how you feel," he tells me.

Realization glosses across my eyes as I look up.

"I... I love her..." I said incredulously. I wasn't even sure if I was saying it to Paul or just to myself. This was the first time I had said it out loud. I could almost feel my heart pumping faster as I thought of her. I really did love her. I really did. I was finally sure of my feelings.

Time seemed to slow down for a moment. I thought of all the times we had been together. I thought of our days on the x factor when she and I had flirted all the time. I think she just figured it was nothing special because I flirted with a lot of women. Plus she was 18 at the time and I was only 16.

I thought of the times when her smile relaxed me before our live shows and judging. I distinctly remembered thinking that she was one of the sweetest girls I had ever met.

Her eyes and smile flashed again in my brain as I thought back to the tingle in my fingertips when I touched her. I wondered if she felt fireworks when we kissed last night... because I sure felt something.

I blinked as my sense of realization set upon me.

"Let's go," Paul said quietly after a moment of silence. He peered outside the bathroom and breathed a sigh of relief. "They're all gone... the employees must've kicked them out," he chuckled to himself. "Put your hat back on though," Paul instructed me. I did as I was told, finally feeling a little bit better.

"I'm ready," I said absentmindedly as we walked out cautiously. We took a back exit and Paul ushered me to a nearby Starbucks. I prepared myself internally, taking a deep breath.

When I walked through that door, there were going to be three happy couples... and Niall. I would just hang out with Niall, I suppose. Sure, I didn't want Mary to let me go like I meant nothing, but I had to let her go.

They say that if you love something, you must set it free.