Kiss You: chapter 12

chapter 12

"So," Niall entered the room and headed toward the kitchen, "where's the food?"

Louis held the door open for the rest of us and followed Niall over to the fridge.

"It's all right here, mate," Louis said with a laugh.

I could feel Harry's chest rumble as he let out a low chuckle. For some reason, he had insisted on standing right next to me the whole night. It must have been the alcohol or something. But I'm not complaining... I'm okay with having Harry Styles press his body right onto mine... I mean, who wouldn't though? He's so... woah.

He chose that moment to release me, and I felt an immediate loss of warmth. But then he yanked my hand and pulled me onto the couch... and right onto his lap.

Ladies and gentlemen... I am sitting on Harry's lap. THE LAP OF THE ONE AND ONLY HARRY STYLES.

I remained calm on the outside though, even if I was freaking out on the inside.

"I'm telling you, comedies are for losers!" Zayn yelled to Niall as they shoved movies in one another's faces.

"But I love to laugh," Niall sadly commented.

"Horror films are where it's at!" I tensed up as I heard Zayn make his argument. Horror movies absolutely horrified me.

"Fine, horror it is," Niall agreed. The other boys nodded.

"Sure, why not?" Liam asked. I was glad he seemed to be cheering up a bit. But I wasn't glad we were going to watch a scary movie. I could already feel my muscles tensing in fear.

"Something wrong, love?" Harry asked me as I slid off his lap slowly.

"Are we really watching a horror flick?" I whined. I thought maybe Haz would give in and tell the boys to change the movie, but I guess I wasn't a princess right now.

"Don't worryyyyy," he said flirtatiously. "I'll take reeeeeal good care of you." He wiggled his eyebrows a little bit. "I'll keep you," he paused to wrap his arms around my nervous and stiff body, "right here next to me."

I looked up at him, eyes wide and heart racing. All of these boys were so good looking.

"Oooooooh!" Lou yelled. "Harry and Mary! Awwww!"

"It even rhymes!" Niall said, stating the obvious.

"How adorable," Zayn commented.

"Hey now mate be careful what you do with all of us here," Liam mumbled ominously. I don't think anyone heard him except me because he was sitting down on my left. I was now sandwiched between two very attractive British celebrities. My goodness, my life had drastically improved in one night.

"Well hello Mary," Liam said sweetly and curtly.

"Hey Liam," I smiled at him.

"I hope you don't mind if I sit by you," he whispered into my ear. It sounds cliché, but I really did get shivers down my spine. His voice was so beautiful.

"We're putting the movie in now!!" Louis screamed. I just gave Liam an apologetic smile as Zayn flipped the lights.

It was the scariest movie I've ever seen.

I spent time on both of the guys next to me as I tried my best to shield my eyes from the gruesome horror. Harry would often grab me and pull me up to the crook of his neck. He rubbed my back and I felt a little better. Then something scary would happen again.

The first time I buried my face in Liam's chest, he looked shocked but happy. I looked up to see him smiling down at me as he slowly embraced me with those strong arms of his. I also saw Harry shoot Liam a little bit of a rude look, but Liam was too busy smiling to notice.

When I leaned on Harry again, smelling his scent of cologne and perfection, I saw him look smugly at Liam. I also noticed Louis giving Haz a thumbs up. What was this all about?

But really, though... I'm not sure if I could've survived that movie without my best boy buds there with me.