Kiss You: chapter 19

chapter 19

MARY'S POV

As I pulled the covers up to my neck, my phone buzzed on the table next to me. My heart jumped a little at the sound as I reminded myself that I hadn't muted my charging phone. I sighed as I peeled the warm blanket off of me to pick up my phone. Eleanor really liked it cool in her room, huh?

I unlocked my phone and clicked my notification to see my new message.

HAZZA: hello love, how are you doing?

I smiled a bit. Harry was adorable. I replied as I snatched the covers up again, surrounding myself with warmth in the dark bed. A reply came pretty quickly. Harry must have some fast fingers!

HAZZA: thats good, why dont I make your night fantastic?

I raised an eyebrow even though no one was around to see it. I sat and thought a second before asking him what he meant by that.

HAZZA: why dont you meet me by the ice machine at the end of the corridor and youll see ;)

I began coughing with surprise as I read his response. What is going on? This is insane... Harry wanted to meet me? What was he planning? Why did he want to see me? What...? I had to decide how to handle all this. Finally I realized what I was going to do.

Typing a quick reply, I threw all my worries to the wind of the air conditioner. I let my thumb hover over the touchscreen for a second before tapping send.

What the heck? I might as well meet up with Harry Styles at two in the morning. What could possibly go wrong?

HARRY'S POV

My iPhone made a soft buzz, indicating that I had received a message. I silently hoped that it was from Mary. I get a lot of messages but I was only looking for one. I tapped my messages and pressed the first unread one.

It was from her.

I smiled at her contact name. When we left the X-factor, she put her number into all the boys' mobiles. She had put smiley faces in all the rest but she added a heart in mine. It still made me feel special.

MARY ALLEN<3: why not? be there in ten ;)

I almost dropped my mobile. I hadn't really expected her to say yes. I had hoped she would, but I was only hoping. She was really going to meet up with me alone down the corridor.

I checked the message once again, realizing I only had ten minutes. I had to get ready! I put on some cotton trousers and a nice v-neck. I spritzed a little cologne to make sure I smelled fine. As I checked myself in the mirror, I fluffed my hair a little bit and smiled to myself.

Once I was sure everything was ready, I slipped my mobile into my pocket and tried to sneak unnoticed out of my room. I reached for the door handle as I tiptoed toward the door.

"And where are you going mate?" I winced at the sound of Lou's questioning voice.

I turned around guiltily and he smirked knowingly. I sighed and walked up to him, knowing he wasn't prepared to back down now.

"I'm, erm, going to get some ice," I lied. Well, it wasn't a total lie. I could probably pick up a little ice well I was over there.

"And why do you need ice exactly?" Louis said, trying not to laugh. I think he was onto me.

"I, uh, I hurt my... leg... when I jumped into the pool!" I hurried through the last part, hoping Louis would fall for it.

"Likely story," Louis eyed me, "but just go, whatever it is."

I gave him a broad grin and rushed out to the corridor before he changed his mind.