Kiss You: chapter 31

chapter 31

MARY'S POV

I could tell my look was working on the boys.

Liam stood staring, then complimented me. Boys rarely told me I looked beautiful, so that was sweet. Liam would probably be the sweetest boyfriend ever. He would be the one to sing to his girlfriend and hold their hand and love them sweetly. He was such a nice guy.

I saw Niall looking at me too. I suppressed a giggle when I saw his jaw drop, because I could see he was wrestling with himself over whether to say something or not. He was a sweet boy, but he deserves a real princess.

And Harry. Harry Styles. He looked at me. I could practically feel the longing in his deep green eyes. Desire was plastered all over his face. I could feel him watching my every move. Harry was speechless. I loved that I could have this effect on him.

I waited for him to walk up to me and whisper something cheekily in my ear, but it never happened. He simply followed me silently, waiting for me to look at him.

When I finally did look at him, I was startled. There in his eyes was pure intensity. He didn't smile or wink at me. He just stared. But something about it was captivating. Something about how his eyes lit up drew me toward him.

But I ignored the strong pull, and sat next to Liam in the limo. He smiled at me and wrapped his arm around me. I felt safe and comfortable.

I couldn't help thinking of last night. When Harry held me, I felt helplessly afraid. It was like everything was urgent, but I wasn't the one in control. Harry didn't let me control him like the other boys. He was too stubborn.

And that wasn't necessarily a bad thing. Harry seemed dangerous and exciting. He had a strength no other boys I knew possessed.

Maybe that's why I never went out on many dates. I would go on one date with a guy but never feel a spark of electricity when he touched me.

I felt a strong buzz when I touched Harry. And I only felt it with Harry. He was the only one who made me feel that way.