Kiss You: chapter 16

chapter 16

HARRY'S POV

"Well?" Louis stood there expectantly. He, Zayn, and Niall were all smiling.

"Did you kiss her or not, mate?" Niall said finally. The silence had gotten to him I suppose.

"What?" I acted shocked, even though I could tell they must have noticed how I have been acting around Mary. but I couldn't go and kiss her, could I? That would be wrong for me. We weren't together. I would probably forget about her soon anyway, because we would continue with our tour and she would continue with life here. I didn't want to use her for some one-night-stand either. She didn't seem like that type of girl anyway.

"Well you were RIGHT next to each other!" Zayn noted.

"You were wrapped up in each other's arms," Perrie said pointedly, and Lou and El nodded.

"Of course I didn't kiss her. Why would I do that? I don't know what all of you are talking about..." I rolled my eyes. I quickly realized I was still holding Mary tightly to my chest. I let go of her quickly. We both brushed our hands off on our legs and I hardened my eyebrows, trying to look relaxed.

I glanced over at her and she looked extremely embarrassed. She wouldn't even look at me. Liam turned the lights on and I saw that her face was as red as a tomato.

I sighed quietly and mentally slapped myself in the face. I needed to stop thinking about Mary. She clearly had no feelings for me or she would be giggling at the suggestion that I might kiss her. I had seen plenty of girls do that.

They all usually fell right into my arms without a single doubt. But then again... Mary wasn't like all the other girls. I shook my head, knowing I had to forget about her right now.

"Oh come on, mate-" Lou began after I started to stare as the water, burning a hole through it in my mind.

"I didn't do anything, Lou," I said, interrupting him. I shot him a look and he backed off.

Louis held up his hands in defense as the other boys chuckled. My clenched jaw softened a bit.

"Are we going to go back upstairs now?" Liam asked everyone, eying my shirt and trousers that were sprawled on the ground next to Mary's sandals that had fallen off when I threw her into the pool.

I sighed and faked a smile. Liam definitely felt something for Mary, just like me. Granted, he probably already felt like he loved her and I just kind of liked her, but I still didn't want him to have her. Liam had been with Danielle for a while; it was my turn to have a girl interested in me! We would only be seeing her for one more day, anyway. So what did it even matter?

I lifted Mary into my arms, carrying her like a groom carries his bride. I pointedly glanced at Liam because I wanted him to know I liked her. Sure, I was being a jerk to one of my best mates, but he didn't seem to understand.

I went up the steps out of the pool and Mary her down as Louis handed us towels. We cleaned off and I started to throw on my shirt. Mary stopped me.

"You'll, uhhh... get it... wet..." she whispered, clearing her throat. A smile slowly spread across my face. I was catching her drift. She wanted to see me shirtless.

So I lifted her once again with ease and pleasure. I tucked her into her warm towel and she giggled. We headed back to our room before any hotel workers could catch us. This was a high-class hotel and Paul would kill us if we got kicked out. He likes getting to stay in this place.

When we got back into our room (thankfully Liam had all our keys with him at all times) I laid Mary down on the couch and sat next to her long, tan legs. I caught myself as I realized I was eying her figure up and down.

"Wait a second," she said suddenly as we all got ready for bed, our game over. "I, uh, don't have any other clothes..."