Chapter 8: Flat Trans

*LMAO IM WATCHING MATILDA AND WHEN THEY PUT THE NEWT IN MS. TRENCHBULLS WATER, AND SHE WAS LIKE AHH ITS A SNAKE AND MATILDA KEPT SAYING NEWT AND I WAS LIKE MY BABY 😂😂*

Y/N POV (im listening to tst music as i write this OML IM CRYING IT BRINGS MEMORIES IM SO IN LOVE IT MAKES ME WANT TO LEGIT CRY)

"Who ARE you?" Minho said, using his typical sass. I swear, that boy sometimes.

"Who I am, does not matter. What matters right now is that you all get some rest. I suggest you all go back to your beds and get as much sleep as you can before phase two." The man said. Strands of hair covered his forhead, and he had a ratish look to him.

"Phase two?" I asked slowly, standing up, facing the man. He was about 10 ft away, standing in the same spot, not moving.

"I will explain what that means after." He said sounding annoyed, even though we didn't do anything.

"No shank, you'll tell us now." Minho power walked passed us, up towards the man. As he got a bout 5ft to the man, Minho fell backwards. "WHOA!" He said, trying to catch himself.

All the gladers were a-taken back. What just pushed him?

I walked cautiously towards Minho, and as I came near where he fell, I stuck my hand out slowly and steadily. As soon as i pushed forward, my hand connected to an invisible force. Glass or something?

"There is some.....shield thing blocking the way." I said, leaning against it. Newt came up behind me, placing his hand on the foreign object as well.

"What the.."

"You all need some rest. Like I said before, go rest up. I will explain in an hour on what phase 2 is." The man said.

I looked up at Newt. "I think I am going to go do what he said." I said, my voice barely a whisper.

Newt looked down. He knew why I was so quiet. He just beat up his best friend. Newt wrapped his arms around me.

"I'm so sorry Y/N...I..I was jealous and worried you liked him." Newts voice was so soft. I wanted to forgive him, and I did, but I needed to calm down. So much has happened. Were stuck in this building with this man telling us things, Thomas kissed me, there is a physically impossible force field thing...a lot it happening. Honestly I just want to break down and cry.

I pushed Newt away. "N..not now." I said quietly.

I walked away leaving Newt standing alone. I went over to Minho. "Help me take Thomas to the room will you?" I said.

"Sure." Minho said. "You better tell your boyfriend to chill because damn he did a number on Thomas." He gestured to Thomas' face, which was bloodied and bruised.

I nodded. "He was jealous. Thomas uh...kissed me."

Minho's eyes bulged out of his head. "This shank should know not to mess with Newt's girl."

Then Minho was silent for a few moments.

"You should know Newt loves you a whole lot Y/N. Like a LOT. You cant lose him." He said, raising his eyebrows.

"I know." I grabbed Thomas' arms while MInho grabbed his legs.

"I wouldn't dream of it."

--------

I woke up in a cold stone room, almost forgetting where I was.

Oh yea.. I thought.

I sighed and got up. I noticed no one else was in the room, so that means everyone is awake. Thomas is awake.

I walked out of the room and everyone looked at me, and then Thomas, who was sitting with Aris in the back corner.

So...everyone must know Thomas kissed me. Well..we kissed.

I walked to Newt and sat next to him so he was on my left, and Minho on my right. Just then my stomach started growling.

"Hungary love?" Newt asked and smiled softly. I nodded, returning the small smile. He was trying to ease the tension.

Newt handed me an apple. "Here."

I thanked him, and bit into the red sweetness.

"Wait so whats going to happen now?" I asked- mostly to Minho.

"Well I dont know. This shuckface wont say anything. He just says to get rested and eat and get refreshed." He rolled his eyes.

I focused my eyes on the man behind the glass. He was sitting at a desk with his feet up on it. He looked to be reading a book.

"He is acting like he owns the damn place." I screamed, frustrated. I'm so confused.

"Probably because he does, other than the chancellor." Newt did a stiffle laugh.

I turned my head giving him a playful glare.

I looked over at Thomas and Aris. They were talking and when Aris noticed me staring at them, he nudged Thomas. Thomas turned around, looking at me. Sadness defiantly in his eyes. I still cant believe he loved-loves me. I love Thomas as well...just in a different way. He has always been there for me. He is like my best friend. Not my BOYfriend.

"AHEM." A voice rang through the room. All heads snapped towards the man.

"About time Ratman is ready." Minho slouched in his seat.

"So. I assume you are all very confused." He started, looking at all of us.

Gladers shouts and yells were heard around the room.

"SILENCE!" Ratman yelled.

The gladers stopped abruptly.

"Now..." He started, and then his gaze fell upon me. His deep black eyes peered into mine. He looked almost..souless. "Its time for me to explain what to do when you get into the scorch."

I looked at Newt. The scorch?

"Now, you should prepair food, and water. You are going to be going through a flat trans in exactly half an hour. If you dont do so, there will be...consequences. The scorch is phase two of the trials. There are a total of three courses. The first one, the maze. Which you all escaped. The second one, the scorch. It it big and dangerous. You need to watch out for cranks, and the dangers ahead. You must all be aware of what the flare is, am i correct?"

Everyone nodded. It was the disease which affected your brain.
Ive seen images before...

I grabbed Newts hand. I know were not on the best of terms, but I'm scared.

I'm really scared.

-

HEYYYYAYAYA this chapter is kinda long :3 lmao for once.

I hope you guys are enjoying the story so far! AND OMG THANK YOU SO SO SOSOSOSOSOSOSOSOSOSO SO MUCH FOR 2k READS OH EM GEEEEEHHHHH!

I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH <3

-Hailey

Ps: how long have you guys been in the tmr fandom? :3

Ive been about a year now! :D