Unexpected Guest

(Mitch's P.O.V)

I was about to go get Esther when I see her come running down the staries.

"Someone's in a rush."  I say walking towards the door to block her.

" I have to go pick up someone up."

"Who."

"You can't tell Avi ok." She says looking at the couch.

"Depends who it is." I say rasing my eyebrows.

" Mitch I trust you so here goes nothing our dad at the airport."

"Wait he's at LAX right now."

"Yes, and if you don't mind I have to go you guys live really far away from the airport and traffic is a bitch."

"Uh, ok." I say kinda speechless.

"Bye Mitchie."

"Bye, wait Esther are you gonna bring him here."

"Im gonna try not too but, my dad's a very convincing guy."

"Ok, well good luck."

"Yea, I'm gonna need it."

I go back into the kitchen and get a plate and a bowl and grab some grilled cheese and some tomato soup and go sit on the couch and eat alone. Avi was out like a light, fast asleep on the couch. When I was done i decided to do laundry yes, i was that bored that I've resorted to do laundry. After I put the first load in I go and watch some spongebob on my computer because I didn't want to wake Avi. After I finished the episode I go and go clean the kitchen. I was almost done when the door flys open. I see Esther with the biggest frown on her face and her dad happy as could be.

"Hi." I say walking up to them.

"Hello Mitch." Mr Kaplan says extending his hand.

"Hi Mr. Kaplan."  I say shaking his hand.

"Call me Davies."

" Ok."

"This is a nice house and that is a really nice ring." He says looking at my fingers then around the house.

"Uh, thank you." I  say sitting on the couch. The second I sit down I here I groan from Avi. Oh shit.

" Hey Avi." Davies say's putting a hand on his shoulder.

"Why the hell are you here?" He say narrowing eyes at me and Esther.

"I came to see my son, and his kids, and his soon to be husband."

"How do you know about those things." He says sitting up.

"Esther told me."

"Daddy." She say's whining, moving from the kitchen into the living room.

"Esther I wanted to tell him when I was ready and when I was stable."

"Avi I know but, he had the right to know."

"So, why are you here?" He say looking at his dad.

"I came her to tell you and Mitch that I'm sorry."

"For what." I say already knowing that answer.

"For not supporting Avi and his decisions to date a guy well now marry a guy. And for not thinking that you could take care of my son." He says looking at me.

"Dad do you really support me and Mitch." He walkes up to Avi and sits next to him and says" Of course I do and I hope this isn't a lot to ask but, can I go to your wedding."

"Sure dad."He say hugging him.

" I'm really sorry for the way I acted
over the phone." 

"It's ok, were all ok now. Oh my god Davies you wanna see the kids." I say sitting up and walking towards the staries.

"Can I?" He say asking like a child.

"Yea, come on."

I I take him to the kids room and the second he sees them he lights up like a Christmas tree.

"Are they twins?"

"Yea."

"Can I hold one."

"Sure." I hand him Sebastian and I must say he is really good when it comes to kids.

"I'm a grandpa." He say laughing.

"Dad so you think mom would be proud of me." Avi says wiping away some tears.

"Avi, are you serious or course she would. She loves you and Esther a lot and she would of supported you in whatever you choosed. I didn't want to talk to you guys over the phone so I just got the first flight to Los Angles."

"I'm really glad you're here dad, I love you."

"I love you too." They hug and after they pull away I give Davies Charlotte.

"Do you have a place to stay?"  I say putting Sebastian back in his crib.

"I was gonna stay at a hotel, but Esther has a spare room and says I can sleep in it."

"Thats great."

"I hate to break up this happy reunion but, I just got a call from the flower shop and they ordered the wrong flowers for your guyses wedding." Esther says clearly pissed.

" Well in that case I guess I should get going." Davises says putting Charlotte in her crib.

"Bye Davies."

"Bye Mitch." He says pulling me in for a  hug.

"Bye dad."

"Bye Avi and I'm really proud of you."

We walk them to Esther's car and wave good bye.

"I'm really glad they came." Avi says smiling.

"Sometimes phone called aren't the best thing. Face to face makes everything better.

"Hell yea it does."

"What do you.wanna do now?"

"You wanna go try ln some tuxedo for our wedding?"

"Yas, let's go."

Don't forget to comment and vote
Byesss.

-Alysha