Three in a same

"What do you think it means?" Mabel asked, eying her hand.

"I have no idea, maybe it has something to do with Bill?" I offered.

"I don't know, but it's weird. " Pacifica said. Her phone rang, and she answered it. "Hello?" She mouthed, "Dad", and left the room.

A few minutes later, she came back in. "I gotta go. The faster I get home, the less it hurts me. Bye! " She says, leaving.

We've been hanging out for a few weeks, ever since the date last month, and every day when she left to go home I was scared.

'Wait! Pacifica? " I yell, running after her.

"What, Dipper?" She asks.

"Don't go home, please! I know the kind of things that will happen when you go home, and I want it to stop." I beg.

"But Dipper! If I don't go home, then when I do go home, my dad will practically kill me!" I noticed the tears that escaped her eyes.

"Well then, you won't go home. Ever. You can stay here with me and Mabel. We can say you're our cousin, and maybe we can take you back to Piedemont!" I knew it was wishful thinking, but I didn't want Pacifica to be in danger.

"Dipper, I don't know. I'll stay tonight, but that's it." Any small victory,

We ran back upstairs, and Mabel set up a spot on the floor for Pacifica to sleep.

"Night Dip, night Pacifica! " Mabel said, turning off the light.