Chapter 1 : L.A

Aman's P.O.V :

"INK!! Come on, we will get late!", Anna pulled me towards the door while I took one last look at my laptop. "One last mail Annnn...", I whined. I wanted to get my work done before leaving but Anna wouldn't have it that way.

"No. For the very first time you have agreed to go to a movie and there's no way I am letting you ruin it! Come on now, we will miss the beginning", she said and I finally budged to her tantrum and closed my laptop.

She skipped excitedly towards the car and I couldn't help but smile at her child-like ways. She was right, this was the first time I agreed for a movie, or rather anything other than work related things since we became friends.

It had been four months since... well... since Lilly and I broke up. The wounds were still fresh but I have learnt to live with the pain.

The first month was pretty much hell, I was distraught and devastated. I locked myself into my room and isolated myself from everyone. I tried to find answers or signs as to why Lilly had done this to me but I just couldn't figure it out. I tried calling her a few times but she never received my calls. I even tried to hate her because of what she had done to me but I just couldn't bring myself to it.

By the end of a month I was a total mess. I had finally decided to go to Lillys home in L.A and try to set things right. I took a flight and had reached L.A and to Lill's home just to find out it was locked. I enquired with her neighbor Mrs. Smith who told me that Lilly never returned to her home. Somehow I took it as a sign.

I wandered in L.A streets feeling heartbroken and dead inside. That was when I had bumped into Anna.

Anna had met me at my lowest low. And had been there for me ever since.

I then went back to the companies I had approached in L.A before for my projects and surprisingly they still were happy to take me back. I did a few of my projects in L.A and it turned out to be a huge success. After which I shifted my base to L.A and even brought a small apartment and have settled here ever since.

Anna has become my real good friend and we hang out a lot. But I never agreed to go out for anything fun with her until today. And she was ecstatic about it. She doesn't know about Lilly. She does know that I loved a certain girl and had a painful breakup but I never told her who the girl was and she respected my decision to not disclose her identity.

I never have tried to contact Lilly ever since. Neither has she tried to contact me. Everytime I come across any article or video of her in the internet my heart breaks a little more inside and I just skip it. I still do think of her a million times every single day but try my best to not let it effect me. I have learnt to fake a smile and pretend to be happy. I pour all my pain into my art which has gained a lot of popularity now. L.A has done a lot good to my career.

"Sooo.... You really want to sit here in the car while I go watch the movie ?", Anna's words snapped me out of my thoughts. I looked around to see we had reached the movie hall. "Hey Ink, we can go back home if you don't want to watch this movie. Don't force yourself.", she said as she placed her hand on mine, her eyes filled with concern.

"No No, I am fine, lets go", I smiled and got out of the car.

I need to start living a normal life. I need to try moving on. I walked along with her occasionally nodding my head as she chatted constantly.

We bought the tickets and entered the hall. "Lets get something to eat first", Anna said excitedly and she pulled my hand and took me to the popcorn counter.

"Two large popcorns please. Make it layered with butter!", she said and I froze for a moment. Layered with butter, that's how Lilly loved it.

"Everything alright Mr.Ink??", Anna placed her hand on my shoulder which snapped me out again. I smiled, "Yes Anna, Everything is alright".

One step at a time Aman, one step at a time...