Chapter 18 : You are in love...

Author's P.O.V :

After what felt like eternity Aman and Lilly pulled away from the hug and they suddenly remembered Anna. They looked around and realized she had left. They figured out she must have left once Aman came inside.

Lilly fixed her make up and Aman fixed his turban and they left for the after party.

The party was really good, unlike the usual parties they attended, this was a simple banquet with nice music and a bar. Everyone at the party came up to them and congratulated them both for the success of the show. Both Aman and Lilly were looking for Anna , she was nowhere to be seen, when they suddenly heard an announcement.

"Hello everyone!", It was Anna, she stood near the band with the mike in her hands. "Hi, I am Anna! I wanted to say something... All those of you who know me, know pretty well that I am a singer, and almost all of my songs have always been about love. Till recently, I had thought that I knew about love, like evrything about it. But these past two weeks, in this campaign, I have learnt so much... I realized that the love I knew, and read in fairy tales and seen in movies is not the love in real life. Love is not always happily ever after", She paused for a bit to compose herself and then continued again. Love is a very.. very powerful emotion. And if you love someone with all your heart, no matter what you do, where you go, how long you are away, your love will never die, and it will always make you a stronger and better person", she smiled, "And tonight I will sing a song, which isn't my original song, it's called : you are in love by Taylor swift. And I would like to dedicate this song to love... my love... and the two people who thought me about love", She smiled. She didn't look at Lilly or Aman, she knew they didn't want their relation to be public and she didn't want to give a hint to the other people as to whom she was talking about. But she knew they would understand that she meant it for them.

Lilly and Aman looked at each other and smiled. "Like to dance", Aman asked extending his hand to Lilly and Lilly nodded and gave him her hand.

One look, dark room
Meant just for you
Time moved too fast
You played it back
Buttons on a coat
Light-hearted joke
No proof not much
But you saw enough

They danced in each others arms, as the song played they recalled how they had fallen in love, laughing at each other's jokes and and getting to know each other's deepest darkest secrets. They could tell each other anything and not feel a bit uneasy about it.

Small talk, he drives
Coffee at midnight,
The light reflects
The chain on your neck
He says look up
And your shoulders brush
No proof, one touch
You felt enough

As Anna sang the song she couldn't help as a tear slipped of her eyes yet again. She had selected this song to dedicate to him, to Aman. But as fate would have it, she was now singing it for him and another woman... She remembered how she had fallen in love with him, his kind ways, his caring nature. The way he cheered her up and the way she felt butterflies when he would put his arm around her.

You can hear it in the silence, silence
You can feel it on the way home, way home
You can see it with the lights out, lights out
You're in love, true love
You are in love

Aman couldn't take his eyes off Lilly tonight. She looked so beautiful, and he was surprised how even now his heart would flutter everytime she would smile at him. He loved how they could converse without saying a word to each other. He loved how when in each other's arms he would feel like everything would be just okay.

Morning, his place
Burnt toast, Sunday
You keep his shirt
He keeps his word
And for once you let go
Of your fears and your ghosts
One step, not much, but it said enough

Lilly smiled as she looked up at Aman, he was still the same man, the man she had fallen so deeply in love with years ago. The man who could make her heart skip a beat even now. The man who had been there for her always in her toughest times and never took advantage of her emotions. She lovingly looked at him thinking how lucky she was to have gotten him back when she had almost lost him once.

You kissed on sidewalks
You fight and you talk
One night he wakes, strange look on his face
Pauses, then says, you're my best friend
And you knew what it was, he is in love

Anna remembered how distraught and lost Aman was when she had found him wandering on the streets of LA. Her heart had broken to see him that way. How they became closed with time and they had found in each other a friend, a confident, a support... She recalled the million times she would tell him how he was her best friend. She now realized how she had read all the signs wrong. How she had confused his concern and kindness as his love for her.

You can hear it in the silence, silence
You can feel it on the way home, way home
You can see it with the lights out, lights out
You're in love, true love

Love was in the air and everything seemed perfect. Aman gave Lilly a little twirl Lilly laughed as she tried to catch her balance. It was as if they never had broken up.

So it goes
You two are dancing in a snow globe, round and round
And he keeps the picture of you in his office downtown
You understand now why they lost their minds and fought the wars
And why I've spent my whole life trying to put it into words

Aman and Lilly looked so beautiful as a couple, as Anna watched she couldn't help but notice how perfect they were for each other. They both looked at her while dancing and caught her staring at them while she sang. They smiled at her and she smiled back. Their hearts flew with the wings of love tonight while Anna's heart broke into a million more pieces with each passing second.

You can hear it in the silence, silence

By the time Anna finished the song she couldn't hold on anymore. She hurried down and walked away leaving the hall.

Aman and Lilly were lost in each others eyes as the song ended. It was an extremely difficult task to not kiss each other as they were in public. The finally pulled away and looked around, the crowd was cheering for Anna, as she sung it so beautifully. Aman and Lilly clapped and looked ahead but couldn't find Anna at the stage with the band.

"Where did she go?", asked Lilly, and looked around. She was nowhere to be seen. "I will go find her", Aman said and went to look for her.

He asked the band people for Anna who told him that she had gone towards the exit. A confused Aman ran towards the exit. He came out to see no one on the street. "Have you seen a girl with a red dress come out here?", he asked the security who seemed to have been busy with his phone and was startled with Aman's sudden question.

"Uhhh... No I didn't notice sorry", he said and went back to his phone. Aman called her phone but it came switched off. He then walked back into the venue thinking may be she was inside.

Anna slowly came out, she was hiding behind the pillar right near the exit. Tears were still streaming down her cheeks. She called a cab and left back to the hotel...