Chapter 4 : A million subscribers.

Lilly's P.O.V:

Two more months have passed by, I am back home in Toronto. I have flown to L.A three times and everytime I have returned back to Toronto in less than a week. I just couldn't stay there in L.A. The memories were just too many. I couldn't function like my normal self anymore.

I never imagined it would be this difficult. I never imagined this breakup would change me this much. I just don't recognize my own self anymore. Earlier I used to work myself to death when I was sad lonely or upset so as to distract myself. But now I have lost interest in my work.

In the past two months, I have released only three videos - two of which were skits and one was a rant. All three were bad. I didn't like any of it but still I released it. It was as if I had stopped caring anymore.

My subscriber count has been going down at a steady rate and I have completely stopped vlogging. My parents had been trying to boost up my energy and inspire me to work more and go back to L.A for a while till they realized it had no effect on me. They were very confused with my sudden disinterest in my career as they had no idea about me and Aman.

I don't know where my life is heading to right now and to be honest I don't even care anymore.

I was sitting on the couch eating my breakfast when my dad came and sat in front of me. "Lilly... We need to talk", he said in a serious tone. I looked up immediately getting a little terrified at the situation. The phrase we need to talk is always dangerous. "Yeah sure, what's up?", I say trying to sound casual as I watch my mom make her way and sit beside dad looking a little disturbed.

"Lilly... A few years ago you had told us about your decision to become a youtuber. Though reluctantly, we agreed. You worked hard and succeeded in perusing a career in this industry. You made us proud. You achieved so much at such a young age...", he said, suddenly sounding a little emotional. My heart started to race. This sounded like it was going the wrong way. He paused a little to compose himself and spoke again. "Now that you have accomplished your dreams, we need you to start moving on with your life..", he said and looked back at me for my reaction.

"What do you mean?", I asked. I was a little confused.

"I meant, you personal life. You are not a young teenager anymore. You need to get married, you are getting old Lilly", he said sounding concerned.

"What?????", I said, a little taken aback. I had spoken with my parents in detail about this subject long ago. We had agreed that they wouldn't take up this topic again unless I myself bring it up. And this was the worst possible time to bring it up.

"You know Balvinder uncle? My old friend from school? His son Sandeep... He is good boy... A doctor... I have met him-", he stuttered his words as he spoke a little unsure when I cut him off in the middle.

"Woah Woah Woah! Dad! We have already spoken about this. I am not getting married any soon. I still have so much to achieve I-"... He cut me off, "Lilly you have already taken so much time. What more you want to do?", he asked raising his voice a little.

"What do you mean what more I want to do!!! ", I was getting annoyed. What was he trying to say!

"You have reached your peak Lilly, now enough with it. You need to move on before its too late", he said abruptly. My mom glared at him. I was taken aback.

"Wha-what d-do you mean its too late?", I asked.

He sighed and placed his hand on mine. "Lilly your subscriber count is 13 million", he said.

I was shocked. That hit me hard. I had lost a whole million subscribers!! How and when did that happen?

I slowly pulled my hand away from his and got up. I walked back to my room. I heard my dad call my name gently but I was too shocked to respond. I knew my subscriber count had been falling since a while but I didn't realize I had lost so many. A whole million. The reality of it all had hit me hard right now.