Chapter 19 : Returning back to a new journey

Author's P.O.V. :

The after-party went on till late after midnight after which both Aman and Lilly went back to the hotel and their respective rooms. Aman had to pack as he would leave the next day early in the morning, while Lilly would get back to LA a day after.

Aman had tried to call Anna again but she never switched on her phone. By the end of the night he received a message from her telling him she had a head ache and had gone back to hotel to rest.

Two days passed by and Lilly was now on her flight back to LA. She was done with her work in New-York. After this campaign, especially the stage show, she had a few companies calling her to work with them which she was extremely happy about.

Her flight landed and she was finally back in LA. She was walking out with her bags when she noticed Aman walk towards her smiling ear to ear.

"Aman?!", she said excitedly as she walked into his arms. "I thought you said you were busy?", she said as they pulled away. "Well, I made some adjustments. I needed to pick my lady up first", he said as he helped her with her bags. She smiled at how Aman had called her his lady.

Lilly directed Aman to her house and was pretty impressed at how he had learnt driving on the right side of the road so smoothly. Lilly spoke as she opened the door of her flat, "My home is a little smaller than the last one, so...". Aman just smiled and entered the place. Lilly knew pretty well that Aman was not the judgmental type who would form an opinion based on the size of the house. It was one her favorite qualities about him.

"This place is so cute and cozy", he said as he kept Lilly's bags aside. She knew he was being polite, as this house was nothing like how she would usually prefer. No bright colors, no good lighting and not enough space also.

"Ummm, I don't have anything to eat in the refrigerator to eat, sorry", Lilly apologized. "No problem Lilly, I have already made arrangements for that", he said and showed her the take-away packets he had got from Chipotle. She shrieked, "Oh my God Aman! You are the best!", she said smiling wide.

"Alright now, you go freshen up, the we will have dinner", he smiled and she went to the shower like an obedient child.

Aman was relaxing on the couch and scrolling through his phone when Lilly called him in the shower. "Aman please put my phone for charging, its almost dead and my parents might call any moment", she said. "Sure", he replied back and then put her phone for charging. That reminded him to put his own phone for charging as it was also having very less charge left. After asking Lilly where the extra charger was, which he knew she always kept a spare because you can never trust an I-phone charger, he went to her bedroom and opened the cupboard like she had directed him to. He got the charger and put his phone for charge. He was about to exit the bedroom when his eyes caught upon the painting on the wall.

She had kept the painting that he had gifted her 'A Lilly wrapped around a paint brush', his most precious favorite illustration. It hung on the wall right in front of her bed.

He smiled and stared at the painting recalling the fond memories of that day when he had presented it to her.

"Its beautiful isn't it?", said Lilly who he suddenly realized was standing behind him. He just smiled back and put his arm around her. "I found a lot of hidden things in this like you told me", she said and he raised his eyebrows, "You did?", he chuckled.

"Yeah!!, See there is a lot of pink and yellow... representing me and you...", she said and excitedly showed it on the painting, "and here if you observe carefully behind the colors there are the words 'thinking out loud' written in the background", he smiled, "ahhh, you are a smart little one!", he exclaimed. "And wait.. ummmm... ya here is a picture of Toronto tower and Big-Ben with a heart in between", she said and he laughed. "Wow you have figured most of them out", he smiled.

"What do you mean 'most of them'?? Is there anything else?", she said confused. Aman smiled and took the picture off the wall, "come let me show you", he said and walked towards the mirror. Lilly followed excitedly. Aman kept the painting inclined facing the mirror, "look carefully near brush tip", he said and Lilly bent forward, her eyebrows knitted together as she tried concentrating hard. Aman smiled at the way she was so cutely trying.

"Found it?", he asked. "ummm no", she replied a little disappointed. "Look carefully, concentrate on the background", he said and pointed his fingers to it. "Uh,.. I think there are some letters there... Ah there is an A... I can see an i... and here is an L", the n her eyes widened. "Amilly!!", she said and looked at him, he smiled and nodded. "Oh my God! No one can ever figure that out!", she laughed.

He hanged the painting back on the wall and they sat for dinner. After having dinner they were talking when Aman noticed how Lilly's eyes were drooping. She was tired from the flight and needed rest. "Hey, why don't you go off to bed, and I will see you tomorrow?", he said. "Okay", said Lilly, too tired to talk anything else.

Aman left to his home and Lilly went to bed. She took one last look at the painting and smiled before she floated into a peaceful slumber...

A/N :

Hey my lovelies!

I read all your suggestions in the author's note, and I decided to follow your advice and mix it up putting a Third person's and Individual P.O.Vs depending on what sounds more interesting for that scenario in the upcoming chapters. Thank you for your valuable inputs! :)

Yours truly,

Emotional Wreck!