Chapter 10 : The Pool

Lilly's P.O.V :

I turned back to see Sandeep smiling widely at me. "Hi Lilly", he said as he pulled me into a hug. I was surprised. "Hey Sandeep! This is such a surprise! How come you are here?", I said as we pulled away.

Turns out he got a couple of days off in his work so he came to spend time with me here. He told me he had booked a room in the same hotel that I stayed. I don't want to sound insensitive but I would prefer people to ask me once before they randomly show up at my work place and decide to stay. I tried explaining to him that I would be busy working all day but he never seemed to be bothered about it. That was one of the many qualities I found annoying about Sandeep. He never took me or my work seriously.

So as much as I hated it, I had no choice but to take Sandeep to the shoot alongside with me. I prepared myself to have the worst day of my life, being made fun of by the people there or to face the annoying glares by the director. Surprisingly it turned out to be something I never imagined.

Everyone loved Sandeep!
He went around the place meeting all the people, putting his inputs and telling his stories, and those your girls wouldn't stop 'ooo-ing and aaaa-ing' over him. A handsome young doctor in the set? what else they needed?

Sandeep was a charmer so he got pretty popular quickly which made my work easier. Now I could concentrate on my work without any distractions.

"So this was the reason you were avoiding me Lilly, you were too busy getting your boyfriend here", I looked up from my computer to see Anna standing there with a smirk, her eyes showing this spark of naughtiness in it.

"I wasn't avoiding you, and no, he is not my boyfriend", I said with a serious face. "Yeah right! You got your JUST FRIEND to the set with you all the way from LA", she smiled as she said it.

"Its not what it looks like Anna, stop jumping into conclusions. Don't start presuming you know everyone's lives here", I told her and it came out more harsh than I expected.

"Whoa Lilly!! Calm down, I was just teasing ya", she said raising both her hands. I felt bad for snapping at her for no reason, but somehow when I looked at her I got reminded of her liking Aman which kind of irritated me.

"I am busy now Anna, can we talk later", I said in a serious tone. "Okay", she said with a look of hurt in her eyes before she walked away. Ahhh... What was wrong with me!

We were all having lunch together at the set when Sandeep suddenly announced "Why don't we all have dinner together at the hotel? Its on me." and the whole crowd cheered. I glared at Sandeep. How could he take such a decision without discussing with me. I pulled him aside, "You should have checked with me before announcing such things Sandeep, I have too much work today", I said sounding annoyed.

"Oh chill Lilly, its just doing some video or something? come on... you call that work?", he laughed and I got even more annoyed. "I am sure you can manage it, you should learn to have some fun too girl", he said and walked away before I could react.

Aman's P.O.V :

I stopped in my track as I saw this man go talk to Lilly. Something didn't seem quite right with the situation. I decided to talk to Lilly later and went back.

The next day I noticed that Lilly had brought this man along with her to the set, and he didn't seem like he belonged here. Later that day I got to know that he wasn't from the internet industry and was Lilly's friend. Rumors were that he was Lilly's boyfriend. But I knew better than to go with the rumors, people here can assume anything and spread wrong news.

Though i dismissed the rumors , somewhere deep down I had this fear that it may actually be true. It had been almost a year since Lill and I broke up, chances were that she must have moved on after all.

This man, Sandeep introduced himself to me, I disliked him instantly. He seemed too fake and self obsessed, but then I might just be biased as he was with Lilly. He then went ahead calling me for some dinner tonight. I was about to refuse when he said it was from him and Lilly together, for which I said I would attend. I was being polite, and when it was from Lilly i would not want to refuse.

But the thing that bothered me was why wasn't Lilly calling me herself and sent this Sandeep guy instead???

The dinner was.. well,... different. My eyes kept drifting to Lilly who remained pretty much silent all thoughout, while Sandeep did all the talking making up for her. I couldn't help but worry about Lilly, she didn't seem herself, she didn't seem happy.

Sandeep suddenly announced that all of us should go to the pool after dinner and everyone agreed in unison. I wasn't up for it, simply because I didn't feel like it. I could see that Lilly wasn't really impressed with the idea too, but she again chose to remain silent.

I stayed back in the hotel room as I wasn't really interested to get in the pool, but after a few hours I got bored and decided I would go to the pool after all. I grabbed some clothes and went down to the pool. As I approached the pool I noticed Sandeep was in the deeper side of the pool while lilly stood outside near to him talking to him. In a split second Sandeep pulled Lilly into the pool which kind of terrified me.

I hope he knows she can't swim, I thought and ran towards the pool. I could see Lilly struggling in the water while everyone was laughing, including Sandeep.

What was so funny?

"HEY!!", I yelled before I jumped into the pool and got to the spot as quickly as possible. I was in normal cloths but I didn't care ."She doesn't know to swim dude", I told him as I caught hold of Lilly who immediately held on to me like her dear life depended on it. She was coughing and shivering and I was pissed.

I helped her out of the pool and took her with my arm around her to a bench by the side of the pool. I got her a dry towel and covered her. She was still coughing and I gently rubbed her back.

"Its alright, you are fine now", I said softly with my arm still around her. She looked a little shaken and I wanted to take her in my arms.

"Awww Lilly! You should have told you didn't know swimming girrrl... I was just trying to have some fun", said Sandeep as he approached us. "Well, you should have asked", I snapped back at him. He gave me a dirty look before literally pulling Lilly off the bench with his hands.

"Easy man!", I said as he ignored my words. Such an idiot! I thought, why is she allowing him to treat her this way? The Lilly I knew would have slapped this man twice already.

"Come on, lets go", he said as he took her away and the towel fell off her shoulder.

"Hey take this, its cold out here", i said giving it back to her. Both of them turned back and Sandeep started to say "She doesn't need that and..", he couldn't complete as Lilly ignored his words and took the towel from me, she hugged it close as she turned back and walked away.

"wait for me", Sandeep said and hurried to walk with her.

I watched Lilly go and somehow it pained me to see her like this.