Chapter 3 : Model??

Aman's P.O.V:

Two more months have passed. I now have a car and have set up my 'home' in L.A. I still have to get a hang of driving here, but I am learning. I have started to like this place, though I get homesick time and again, but a lot of work makes it easier.

I was preparing my breakfast and planning the day ahead of me when I heard the doorbell. I put on my shirt and walked to open the door. It was Anna, which surprised me, she never came home so early, something must be up.

"Hey", she said and walked in. "Hey", I said, kind if confused still. "Mmmmm, you cooking something? smells goooood", she said and walked straight to the kitchen. "PANCAKES!!", she shrieked and took out a plate to serve herself and settled with the plate on the kitchen counter. I smiled and shook my head, it was these child-like things about her that made her so cute.

"So aren't you gonna ask me why I barged into your house this early?", she asked munching her food while I made a fresh batch of pancakes for myself. "Well, I am sure you would tell me that without me asking, so I am waiting", I said without looking back to her. I had gained a different level of comfort with her. Somehow, I felt so much at ease around her. She was like a family that I missed having so far away from home.

"Ah alright mister smarty-pants", she teased, "I need a favor", she said sounding serious suddenly. "Tell me", I said as I served my breakfast. I walked to the table and she followed.

"You heard of the company BMB?", she asked. "Yes", I said and gave her all my attention. "Well, they are planning in organizing a huge campaign for their company, and have offered me a proposal. This campaign mainly consists of advertising their company through my songs and all that. Its kinda cool, but a lot of work", she finished and took a sip of water.

"That sounds cool, but how do you want my help?"I asked her, I was really happy with all the success she was gaining.

"Uh well, they have told me they will help me out with my production of a music video, and I just wrote a song which has a nice narrative lyrics to it. Everything is set , the idea and story-line and all that. But we were still confused about the male lead for the song...", she stopped and looked at me.

I knew where this was going, but I still wanted to hear from her. "And????", I asked.

"Ink you need to play the male lead!!", she said and held my hand. I pulled away immediately. "NO No no Ann! I am not doing that, you know too well how camera conscious I am. I am sorry but no", I said. There was no way I would play a lead to a music video. No. freaking. way.

"Come onnnnnn Ink!!", she whined, "You look so handsome I have always said you should be a model, and this video all you have to do is just stand and pose at different locations. You don't even have to lip sync the song.", she said.

"No Anna, Not happening", I said firmly and got up to keep my now empty plate back to the kitchen. "Ink Pleaaaaseeeeeee", she said and followed me, "Okay I will be honest with you, I have limited time and an even limited budget and I cant get any model to do this for me at such a short notice and lesser price", she said all in one breath.

I looked back at her a little annoyed, but when I saw her face I realized how desperate she was. I sighed. "Alright Ann, I will think about it", I said finally.

"Oh my God !! Thanks Aman", she shrieked and ran to me and hugged me tight. "Hey hey hey, I just said I will think about it, I didn't confirm yet", I teased her, but it fell to deaf ears. She pulled away and skipped all around the house talking non stop about her ideas for the video and how she planned to execute it.

I smiled at her enthusiasm. She was quite younger to me which explained her innocence to life and its harsh ways. She always seemed so happy and chirpy like she had no idea about how harsh life could be. I got ready for work while listening to her constant chatter about her upcoming video. Somehow this reminded me of the time me and Lilly had shot her video song 'Leh'. That was one of my favorite memories with her. How hard she had worked for it and how proud I had been with the end result.

"...Isn't it Ink??", Anna said tapping my hand. I snapped out of my thoughts and realized I hadn't heard what she was saying.

"Ummm sorry?", I said hoping she didn't realize I had zoned out. She frowned for a second but immediately came to her normal self and started talking again, "I said this will be your first time shooting in a song ever right? Like my song will be Ink's debut!!", she shrieked.

I smiled at her but didn't answer her. "I think we are getting late Anna, lets go", I said and got up to go.

Of course it wasn't my debut. Though for just a few seconds, I was there first in my Lill's video. 'Leh' was my debut. I didn't tell her that. She didn't need to know that. or... I needed to forget that. May be the only way I could erase her memories was by making new ones.

A/N : Hey my little muffins. Sorry if the first few chapters are a little boring, but I need to build a story-line at first to make up a good story later on. I will add more drama and romance soon I promise. But please be patient with me for the first few chapters! :) :)

Thanks for all the love and support my darlings!

- Yours truly,

Emotional Wreck!