Chapter 8 : #reunion ??

Still Lilly's P.O.V :

My heart had stopped beating. The world around suddenly seemed to stop functioning. I was seeing Aman, the man I had loved and still love standing in front of me, for real. After so so many months.

The event manager instructed me about something and then left leaving us alone. I had not heard a word of what he had spoken, I was still digesting the fact that Aman was here.

"Hi Lilly", Aman said trying to smile but failing miserably. He looked equally shocked and dazed with the situation.

"Hi", I managed to say, finally getting it together. "I didn't know you were in this campaign", I said.

"Yeah, I came to promote my song", he said.

He had a song now?? What else did I miss?

"Anyways, how have you been?", he asked.

I have missed you Aman. And I regret everything I did to you. I want you back in my life! I still love you so damn much!

"I have been good, how about you? I didnt know you have a song? You sing now???", I asked laughing softly and he chuckled.

"INKKKKKKKKKK!!", I heard Anna's voice as she ran up to us and literally sprang on Aman, "You are here finally!", she said as she pulled away.

Wait what?? What was happening?

Aman smiled at her as Anna turned to me. "Lilly!! I see you both have already met, this is the guy... ummm.. my friend I was talking about..", she said and I could see she started to blush.

Oh.. My God. No. This wasn't happening. No way.

"Come on I will show you around and tell you the schedule", she said grabbing his hand, "Lilly you can come too", she said turning to me.

"Ummm... No you guys carry on, I got some work", I said and I saw Anna go behind Aman so he couldn't see her and mouth a thank you. Aman stayed silent all this while.

I smiled and walked away looking back once a while to see a chirpy Anna talking constantly with Aman. I felt sadness creep through me.

Why was this happening to me? Just when I felt I should move on in life, I come across my past and now I am being pulled back into it.

Aman's P.O.V :

I had returned from London back to LA when Anna had called me up. She had told me about a certain campaign conducted by this BMB company in which she was involved. She had then gone ahead asking me if I was interested in joining the campaign where we could perform our song in the main event. On stage, like in front of thousands of people.

I was not really sure about it, as I had never really 'performed' in front of such a huge audience. This would be a huge step out of my comfort zone. After thinking for a couple of days I had finally called her back to inform her that I was down with the idea and booked my tickets to NYC.

I reached the venue and was looking around for Anna when I bumped into the event manager. He started off telling me about the theme of the campaign and all that while we walked towards a place where people were setting things up for an upcoming skit. He then told me he will let one of the youtubers explain to me the schedule and tapped a girl on her shoulder. As she turned around I froze.

It was Lilly.

Suddenly everything around me went mute. I had not seen Lilly since our breakup. The event manager went away asking Lilly to explain me the schedule leaving me and Lilly alone. I could see the look of shock on her face.

I somehow miraculously managed to stay composed and speak a few lines with her until Anna came running up to me. It seemed like Anna knew Lilly, but still had no idea that she was the girl I broke up with. Anna took me around the place after that and was her usual happy talkative self. But I was quite dazed still coming to terms about the fact that I had just met Lilly. My Lilly.

After showing me the place Anna went back to her work while I roamed around the place looking for a cafe. I needed to eat something, I was starving. I entered a cafe and saw Lilly sitting alone eating some kind of salad at one corner. I walked up to her.

"Hey... Mind if I join you?", I asked her. Though I didn't know what to talk with her but somehow couldn't help myself to stay away right now.

"Sure, sit down", She said as she took her bag off the chair and made place for me. She was avoiding eye contact. There was something different about Lilly. I couldn't put a finger on it.
What was it exactly?

She had lost quite a bit of weight and looked weak and fragile. She had changed the way she dressed, like, no snap-backs or open hair. But that was not it, there was something more.

"So I didn't know you could sing that well, you have a song now.", she said with a smile. "Oh... No no, I didn't sing in it, Anna was the singer, I was in the video, doing my illustrations", I said. She and I both knew I couldn't sing well. She always made fun of my singing when we were together. I smiled at those memories.

"So you are friends with Anna?", she asked while she nervously played with the fork.

"Yeah we have known each other for a while. She helped establish my base in LA", I said and her eyes widened.

"Y-Y-you stay in LA??", she stuttered. "Yeah, I do, I have an apartment there", I said and her expression changed. It seemed like she was about to cry. Before I could speak another word Anna came to us again.

"Ah here you are Mr.Ink! I was looking for you everywhere! And Lilly!! You here too?", she seemed surprised.

"Umm, I was just leaving, bye Aman", she said and got up to leave. She had not even finished her food yet. I found something strange about all this.

"So Mr.Ink, you missed me back in London?", said Anna interrupting my thoughts. I smiled at her.

She spoke as I my eyes were fixed behind her watching Lilly as she walked out of the cafe.

Was it my imagination or did she just wipe a tear off her face?

Was she crying??