Chapter 27 : Hacked.

Lilly's P.O.V :

I woke up feeling a little cold as I wasn't wearing my shirt. I recalled the events of last night and smiled. I quickly grabbed my top which was lying beside me and got out of bed. Aman was still asleep and I didn't want to disturb him.

A sudden panic struck me when I checked the time. I had a meeting this morning and I had slept in. I then checked my phone annoyed at how the alarm didn't ring just to realize it had never been charging and was dead.

"Ah.. Man, this is perfect!", I muttered sarcastically and held my head. "What's wrong Lill?", asked Aman as he walked towards me talking in a husky morning voice. "I missed my meeting",I said, feeling horrible.

"Oh... sorry about that. Was it important?", Aman asked . "No actually, not that important", I said, it was just a casual meeting with my team, I was sure they would understand. "Hey babe can you plug my phone to another charger, I will got make a call to Sarah from your phone", I said walking to the couch where he had kept his phone last night.

When I unlocked his phone I saw there were so many missed calls, from Sarah, Jaz, Humble and other common friends. My heart stopped for a minute as I figured out something was wrong. I immediately dialed Sarah's number.

"Hello? Sarah?", I said as soon as she picked the call.

"LILLY WHERE ON EARTH ARE YOU?", she shouted through the phone startling me.

"Ummm, I am sorry, my phone had been dead. ", I said nervously, Sarah had never sounded did upset about anything. And this was just a simple team meeting.

"I went to your home, you weren't there, I have been calling you like crazy", she said

"I am Aman's Sarah, what's up? I am so sorry i missed the meeting", I said now feeling really bad and unprofessional.

"Its not about the meeting Lilly. I think you need to check your channel. Your YouTube channel has been hacked", she said and that's when my heart stopped. Hacked??

"Wh-What???", I said still in denial. I hoped this was all a bad dream.

"Lilly, babe, you please call up YouTube right now and ask them to change the password and send it to you immediately. I tried telling them about it, but they can not operate your channel without your permission", she said all in one breath.

"Okay but how do you know its been hacked? Did they delete my videos??", I asked my mind racing imagining the worst case scenarios.

"No. Whoever has hacked it has posted a video about you. Please call YouTube ASAP Lilly. And whatsapp me the location of Aman's home. I will come pick you up, we need to go to the YouTube space right now", She said and hung up.

"What happened Lill?", asked Aman who looked concerned.

"M-My channel is H-H-Hacked...", I said now my heart was racing and I was unable to move.

"Oh my God", he said and came up to me, "Lill.. Breath... We will figure something out... Lill?", he rubbed my back and shook me out of this shocked state.

I snapped out and ran to my computer, turning it on and then taking the phone to call up YouTube. They were really co-operative and immediately changed my password to a new one and sent it to me. I then opened up my channel and noticed there was a new video posted eight hours ago titled 'The reality about Lilly Singh'.

I immediately went to the settings and made the video private. I did not delete it they needed the video details to trace the hacker, and also because I needed to watch what this video was all about.

Once I had made it private I sat down to watch the video. Though there was nothing I had to be really scared of about me, I still felt a little nervous. Aman placed his hand on mine as I pressed play.

The video started off saying bad things about me. It was all in text with really bad editing, which showed this person was not familiar with the field of video editing. It said how i fool people with my fake sad stories, that I never had any depression. It then went on saying how I was a lair, a fraud who wanted to earn money and fame in wrong ways. It said I was targeting young audience and ruining their minds.

It also said I could go to any extent to have fame, and how I went around with many men. It then showed many pictures of me with different men, and me getting into some expensive cars, half of the pictures were taken from really far and most of them was not even me but someone else who looked like me. One of which was a video clip of me and Aman kissing in the balcony of Coronado. It was taken from really far but we could still make out it was me and Aman. I remembered this, it was the day we left Coronado.

I heaved a loud sigh and leaned back on my chair, slowly taking it all in.

There were way too many videos and articles throwing hate on me out there in the internet. But this one somehow was made very believable. And the fact that this was put out on my channel had made it worse as it reached out to all my audience.

I closed my eyes trying to stop all the negative thoughts flooding my mind. I always stayed away from the haters as I couldn't stand negativity. Now that I saw this video I was disturbed... Very disturbed.

Aman sat beside me, rubbing my back all this while. He was equally shocked with all this.

Though I know it was pointless, I still went down to the comment section to check for the response. The things people were telling about me broke my heart. All the negative comments which were posted saying how disappointed they were with me made me fear I was going to break down any moment.

The door bell rang and Aman went to get it. I was too shocked to move a limb right now.

"oh Lilly...", I heard as Sarah walked in to the room and hugged me tight. I did not cry, I did not speak. I just sat there with a million thoughts flooding my mind.

"Lilly, girl, this will be corrected, we will find out who did this... Please go get ready, we need to go to the space right now??", she said and I nodded and walked to the washroom to freshen up.