⌖ |38

38 | April 1st

King

I was sitting at the table , eating a bowl of cereal . For some reason , I couldn't get away from this tiredness . It's like I've been sleepy since I woke up an hour ago.

I slowly put the spoon back up to my mouth as my eyes hung low.

"King!" Genesis yelled out. I turned towards our bedroom door.

"What?" I asked with my mouthful.

"Come here! Quick!" She yelled. I chewed slowly before leaving my spoon in my bowl and getting up fast . I went into our room , into the bathroom to see her all panicky .

"What?" I asked growing nervous from her nervousness . She breathed hard as she looked at me and down on the floor .

I looked down and saw a puddle of water making my eyes go wide. "No." I mumbled , facing her again.

She nodded quickly . "My water just broke." I placed my hands on my head .

"What? How!? You're like 3 months earlier than your due date." I spoke . She shrugged , rubbing her hands through her hair.

So many things were running through my mind , such as is the baby okay? Why was it coming so early? And what should I do first?

"I know , I know . Baby I don't know what to do but I know that I got you good sucka." She laughed. I turned back towards her.

"What?"

"April fools. My water didn't break." She laughed , holding her stomach . I straight faced her .

"That wasn't funny." She kept laughing as she walked up to me and wrapped her arms around my neck , pecking my lips .

"It was just a little , seeing you all panicky." She smiled , looking at my lips .

"Whatever. I'm gonna get you back." I said . I unwrapped her arms from my neck , leaving to finish my cereal .

-----

Genesis

I knew playing that prank on King was taking a big risk but I wanted to get some fun in the house . It's been really boring lately . I walked out the bedroom and saw him eating a bowl of cereal . I smiled cheeky as I held my hands behind my back innocently .

"Baby are you still mad at me?" I asked him , wrapping my arms around his shoulders . He shrugged me off but I wrapped them back around him and kissed along his neck .

"Stop." He mumbled , shrugging me off again.

"But baby it's been so long." I whispered in his ear . I grabbed his neck between my teeth , sucking on it. He side eyed me , viewing me up and down before licking his lips . He opened his mouth to say something but was interrupted by Kassidy .

"Daddy can I have some grits?" She asked , coming in from her room.

"Yeah babygirl but you gotta help me make them." He said , getting up from his chair . She went into the kitchen as he walked behind me and grabbed my hips .