⌖|41

Guys we won the wattys2015 award .😩 so this a big thank you to all you guys support , votes and etc . I appreciate lots lots. Thank you and I love you babes ! - Dia

41 | Welcome Home

Genesis

Once Keenan was born , I stayed in the hospital until they released me 2 days later . During those two days , everyone from New York came and visited that next morning when their plane landed. King had called them once I had settled into the hospital and they booked their flight Instantly .

"That's Dollguh' up and down." Rah had said once they saw him. It made me smile .

"Yup , call 'em dollboa." Marek laughed as Raheem shook his head.

"That's gay."

They all had said their words and got their turn to hold him . Kia and Gloria instantly fell in love with him , I barely could get my baby back. Kassidy has yet to even look at him and that's since we've been home now all day .

I rocked Keenan just as he had went back to sleep with the pacifier in his mouth . I had him laying against my chest as his arms were beside his face. "Kassidy can you hand me that blanket?" I asked her as she sat on the floor , playing with a doll.

She had her back to me as she kept brushing it's hair , basically ignoring me.

"Kassidy." I said again. She didn't move but continued to do what she was doing .

I assume King heard me calling her because he walked in . "Who was you callin'?" He asked. I pointed to Kassidy and he looked at her . "Kas you didn't hear ya moma." She kept ignoring us .

King was about to take his belt out the loops of his pants but I stopped him. I stood slowly, handing him Keenan. He took him gently , huffing from the anger that still took over him .

I bent down beside Kassidy , rubbing against her hair. She was looking down as I saw tears start running down her face.

"Babygirl what's wrong?" I asked. She sniffled before pulling her hair from my hands.

"Leave me alone." She stood up and ran to her room . I sat on the floor and looked up at King . He was rubbing his temples .

I sighed and stood up , taking Keenan back from him . "I don't know how to make her feel better if she won't even listen." I said , wrapping the blanket around  Pea . He yawned as he remained sleep.

"If I go in there , imma whoop her ass so I'm gonna just give myself some time." King stated . "She just gotta realize she can't have all the attention anymore." He said.

I nodded , looking down at pea. I almost wanted to feel bad but I couldn't because I loved him to pieces ,  a different love I had for Kassidy but both unconditional.

----

I woke up from hearing Pea crying. I stretched , looking around to see King sleep in the recliner. His eyes fluttered open from the crying too until he noticed I was up. He went back to sleep .

"What's wrong pea?" I cooed as I picked him up out the crib . He kept crying , scrunching up his face as he did . I squeezed his diaper , feeling it was full .

"You just need a lil diaper change , that's all." I kissed his cheek , carrying him to the changing table. I laid him on top , beginning to unswaddle him out the blanket .

He kept crying causing his stomach to jerk from this intenseness . I ran my fingers through his hair rubbing his stomach trying to calm him. "Kee baby , it's okay." I said , bending down to his face. He sniffled with his face still churned but he had stop crying .

"See now mommy's gonna change you." I said , getting butterflies from saying mommy. I started taking off his dirty diaper , trying to remember all the steps of a diaper change .

"You need some help?" I heard King's raspy voice say behind me.

"Umm.." I hesitated . "Yeah ." I admitted . I was new to this and had to get used to it but King's done it before many times.

He stepped up beside me , grabbing a clean diaper , wipes and baby powder . "You ready? You gonna watch?" He asked. I nodded, putting my hands on my hips.

Yeah I was a nanny, but mainly for older children. I wasn't prefect with changing a diaper but decent. I looked over his shoulder as he started changing it and was talking as he went through each step. I noticed Kee staring up intently at us . I made silly faces at him , kissing the side of his mouth gently .

"You're not even watching." King sucked his teeth as he started wrapping on the new diaper . I grinned .

"Yes I was. I think I got it." I said. He slightly smiled , buttoning pea's clothes back and grabbing the blanket.

"Aight it comes with practice so..next diaper all yours." He handed me the blanket and kissed me. I gently picked Keenan up , starting to swaddle him into the blanket . He made soft voices as I finished and picked him up . He stared up at me as I looked down at him.

"I love you pea." I said . He just stared at me , getting a tight grip on my shirt . I kissed his hand .

"Are you hungry baby?" I asked him , walking out of his room and towards the living room . He made a low noise and I giggled . "I'm gonna take that as a yes mommy." I spoke , walking to our bedroom . I saw King on the phone , sitting on the bed .

He looked up at me then at Kee. "Well ma , I think he finna suck his momma tittie." I pushed his head as I passed by , sitting in the breast feeding chair .

He laughed . "Alright I'll tell her. Aight bye moma." He hung up . "Moma said she wanted to holla at you when you had some time."

I nodded . "Okay . Are you gonna go check on Kassidy?" I asked . He shrugged .

"Yeah ill check on her lil spoiled self. Hurry up with my son so we can watch some football." He said . I smacked my lips , pulling my shirt down .

He came over beside me , kissing my neck . "When's my turn?" I pushed him back .

"Gone King , nasty." I laughed . " no sex for 6 weeks , you know that. I had to get 3 stitches so maybe longer than that." I said . He waved me off .

"2 weeks tops."

"No sir. Go check on babygirl." I said , pulling Keenan up so he can latch on . He went out the bedroom door .

__________________

Thanks again for the support . If it wasnt for y'all I wouldn't be this far and surely wouldn't have won a wattys2015 award . 😜

— D.