Chapter 2

I walked into the apartment and smelt nothing but alcohol.

Great. He's been drinking. Again
I thought.

"Dad." I called. "I'm back."

"Kayleigh. Ye Bauch." A drunken voice spat out.

It was Tony. My father. He used to live the high life. Was a rich successful business man married to my mother. Until the business went broke and he lost all his money and started drinking, a lot. So much that my mother divorced him, took me and we moved to metropolis. We grew up happy. My mother met another man. And we were one big happy family for years. Until my mother and step-dad died in a horrific car crash when I was six.
I was then forced to live with my drunken father.
It was ok at first. But then the abuse started and it's still happening to this day. But only if I don't do what he wants. That's why I'm on the street nearly every night. He makes me go around and rob people just so we can get some money that he'll just spend on more beer. But it could be worse. I still go to school and actually have a lot of freedom.

"My names Katie dad." I say.

"Yea. Yeah. How mouch did ya make."

I sat my bag on the table and then emptied its contents. Tony's eyes widened at the sight of the money.

"One thousand and three hundred." I said.

"Woowwww. Ye did gud tonite Kayla." Tony said reaching out and playing with all the money.

"Katie dad. Katie."

"Ye don't thank I know me own sons name."

"Whatever. I'm going to bed." I say and stormed out of the room.

"Oh Kay. Have fun." He yelled out.

The apartment wasn't very big. It had to bedrooms. One bathroom, a lounge and a kitchen. That was about it really.
I walked into my room and closed the door.
My bedroom was literally a single sized bed and some draws over against the wall and a desk with some pens and paper on it. There was flower wall paper that was peeling itself off the wall and a lot of stains in the really old carpet.
I changed out of my street clothes, which was just a blue hoodie and tracksuit pants, and put on a tank top and pyjama pants to sleep in.
I walked over to my bed and collapsed.
It wasn't a very comfortable mattress but after running around Gotham city all night, uncomfortable becomes really comfortable.
I closed my eyes and in minutes I was dead to the world.
___________________________

I opened my eyes. The Sunday morning sun shined through my windows and right into my eyes. I slowly raised out of bed and went to the bedroom door. I then walked into the kitchen. 

"Ah Katie. You're awake." Tony said nicely. Too nicely.

"What do I have to do now." I said Slightly annoyed. It was to early for this.

Tony looked at me.

"I think it's time we moved on from petty street crimes." He said grabbing a news paper and showing it to me. "And become a bit more, professional."

I took the news paper and read what he was pointing to.
There was an article about a jewellery store that had just brought in what looked to be a very valuable Ruby.
Wait. Oh no. He wants me to move onto jewellery stores. I'm not ready for that.

"I can't rob a jeweller. I'm nowhere near skilled enough to do that." I stated.

"Come on Katie. I've had enough of these stupid little dollar bills you bring home. We will have millions if you start doing this stuff."

"But what about the Batman." I said. "Or his sidekick Robin."

"What about them?" Asked Tony.

"Um. I could get my ass kicked and put in prison. I can't go to prison."

"Katie listen to me. You are going to steal this Ruby. There isn't a choice in it." Tony stated.
"Well except for what your costume looks like of course." He added.

"Costume?"

"Yes. I've gotten an old friend to make a costume for you. Don't want people knowing who you are. Don't we."

"But I don't need a costume. They're so. Weird. I wouldn't like it."

"Katie. Shut up. You don't have to make the costume now but I'll need the design by Tuesday. You're stealing this thing on Friday.

"Friday!"

"Yes. Friday so maybe do some training during the week."

"Ok" I sighed and walked back to my room.

"And create a name for yourself." Tony yelled.

"Really. A name." I said to myself. "This is going to suck."
I've got to steal a ruby. How am I going to do this.

I walk over to my desk and sit down. Grabbing a pencil. And start to draw.

What about the dynamic duo. What if while I'm stealing this thing I run into them.
I've came close to meeting one of the two heros before and I was as terrified as the crook Robin beat up.
It was a few months ago. I had found an easy rich victim. I was about to mug the guy when some other criminal beat me to it. And I'm glad he did and not me as Robin appeared out of nowhere and beat the crook in under 3 seconds flat.
I'm glad Robin didn't see me as I peeked from the wall I was hiding behind. I did not want to end up like that other guy.
After Robin left I quickly ran home. Not wanting to continue my crime spree because I knew he was out there.

If the bird could scare me that much. I didn't want to see the bat.