Chapter 36

After two days and a lot of persuading to the team. I was finally allowed to go back home. Even though my home was a hole in a wall. But it gave me privacy and that's all I needed right now. It also gave me easy access to being Ocelot again. Not once was I allowed to go out as Ocelot while I lived in the cave. There was only that night I spent with Robin that I was allowed going out again.

But now I was back in Gotham. Walking down the alley where the Wall is.... And there's a police officer taking photos of the place? What? Why?

"Hey. That's her." I heard an officer call out on the other side of the alley.

Three officers started approaching me. I slowly backed away.
Why were they after me? Did they learn about all of the crimes I'd done when I was robbing on the street? Did they learn about my Ocelot crimes?

"Mrs. Simmons." One of the officers said. "Please. You must come with us."

Oh no. No way was I gonna fall for that. I turned and ran out of the alley. The police gave chase. I thought I would easily be able to outrun these guys. They are just regular police. But it seems that my time spent at the cave has made me gain a little bit of weight.
I turned down an alley then immediately turned down a conjoining one. Hoping to throw them of a little bit. But they were still behind me. I ran out of the alley and across the road. Sliding over a parked car like they do in the movies. And running into another alley. I looked back and saw that I was gaining some distance.
Yes. I thought. Before I slammed myself into a brick wall.
I fell onto the ground and messaged my head.

"Argghhhh" I cried.

I looked up to see the mistake I'd made. The alley was a dead end.

"Oh god. She's hurt. Are you ok?" An officer said before kneeling down next to me. "Listen Mrs Simmons. I'm sorry we startled you. I'm guessing that's why you ran away. But there is a missing persons report on you. We need you to come back to the station with us."

Missing persons report. I suddenly remembered Robin telling me that Dick had filed one about me. Had I worried Dick that much. I wasn't gone for that long. About a week. Maybe more.

"Mrs Simmons. Can you hear me. I think she's seriously injured herself. Might've hit her head to hard." The officer told his comrades.

I realised that I had not actually shown any response to the officer while I was thinking.

"What. Um. Yeah. I'm fine." I said standing up.

"Are you sure?".

I nodded.

"Ok. We are going to take you back to our station now." He said loud and slow.

"I can hear you perfectly! You don't have to talk like that!" I said.

___________________________

I sat on a sofa in a lounge room in the middle of the police headquarters.
I was actually nice. I was offered cookies witch I happily ate and had access to a TV. Which I quickly turned off because there was absolutely nothing on.

Suddenly a red head poked her head through the door.

"Oh My God! It is you!" Barbara exclaimed and ran up to me giving me a hug.

"Hey Barbara." I said. Trying not to suffocate from the hug.

Barbara suddenly broke the hug.

"Where on earth have you been? Do you know how hard we've been looking for you? Do you know how worried Dick was?"