Chapter 5

Katie's POV
I was lying in bed. I couldn't sleep. I hadn't really slept much since stealing that Ruby a week ago. Tony said the money for that was coming soon. I just hope he gives me some. I need new clothes. And maybe a phone. And maybe a TV to watch in my room.
I lied there for about ten minutes before deciding to get up.
I walked over to my draws and took out my Ocelot costume. I put it on and examined myself in a mirror.
I don't know why but this costume had begun to feel like a second skin. It had really grown to me. I felt naked without it.
I opened my window and jumped out, landing on the fire escape. I then climbed up the escape to the roof. I then began to run. Jumping from roof to roof. Doing flips in the air. The wind lightly blowing on my face. I felt like an actual Ocelot running in the wild. Except the wild is Gotham city.

I then stopped as I heard a scream coming from a nearby alley. I looked down to see four thugs trying to mug a woman. The woman didn't even look like she had any money on her and she was shielding two little children behind her.
Not cool.
At least I followed rules that I'd set myself.
1. Steal only from people who don't need the money. Meaning rich snobs.
2. Don't steal when there are children around.
3. Don't seriously injure anyone.
I've never seriously injured anyone I've stolen from. Maybe just a light punch but that's it.
And now I'm looking down on these four guys as they hold a knife to this woman's throat demanding money.
I decide to take action.
I jump down and land just behind them. The thugs hadn't heard me. I grab the guy holding the woman at knife point and slam his head into the wall. The other three are stunned. They weren't expecting that.
The woman ran away dragging the two children with her.
One thug came at me with his fists. He swung but I dogged it easily and kicked him in the side. He fell from the force of the kick. Another guy armed with a metal pipe came at me. Before he reached me I took out my pepper spray and sprayed him right in the eyes.
I know the spray might be a little OP but it was just so fun to use.
The man fell to the ground instantly. His hands on his eyes. I silently laughed watching him cradle his face. I forgot that there was a third guy. He was also armed with a pipe and was sneaking up behind me. He swung but before he could connect he got kicked out of the way. I swung around to see Robin, now fighting two men. The one that tried to punch me and the one with the pipe.
I stood there and watched. His speed, strength and nice looking body were all put into fighting these two men.
He took both them down easily with a few punches and kicks and dodges.
Robin turned and looked at me with a smirk on his face.

"So what. You're a good guy now"

I turned and walked away.

"Hey. You're welcome." Robin called out. "It's not like I just saved you from a serious brain injury."

I stopped and turned around.

"I had it under control." I said 

"Really. You were laughing at a guy trying to cleanse his eyes of pepper spray. Which really hurts by the way. And you let a guy sneak up on you."

"Like I said. Under control." I said turning again.

"I don't get it," said Robin. " if you're a criminal. Why save that woman from other criminals?"

"I. don't know. I just felt like it." I said starting to climb up the side of a building. When I reached the top Robin was standing there, Waiting.

"How did?" I stuttered.

"Grappling gun." He said.

"Look if you want to arrest me I'm not going to come nicely."

"I'm not a cop. I don't arrest people."

"Then what do you want?" I said crossing my arms.

"Well I was just patrolling the streets when I suddenly saw a woman in need. I was going to help. But then you swooped in and saved her instead. I'm curious now."

"Curious about what?"

"You. You're a criminal. But you saved a lady and her children." He said coming a little closer. "And I think I know why. You don't want to be a criminal." He moved closer. "And you saved her to try to redeem yourself of your past crimes." He moved closer.
"And you want to use you're fighting abilities for good now."

Robin was really close to me now. And it was making me feel very uncomfortable.
He saw this feeling and smiled taking another step. Wanting to make me crack.

I then punched him in the face. He staggered back. And I moved to leave.

"To close bird-poop." I said and jumped to the other roof. And started to run.
I looked back to see him standing back on the roof. Rubbing his injured cheek and smiling.
Why was he smiling?
I decided that I'd had enough for the night and went back home.

Well at least they had a conversation. If you could call that one. Anyway this book is coming along nicely. I really like it. It's better than my walking dead one which I kinda lost faith in. But I really really like this one. And I think it's going to work.