Chapter 45

"Did you manage to get any information at all? Think about what he told you." Batman asked.

We went back to the Batcave after our encounter with my brother. Robin had collapsed almost a minute after I kissed him.
So now I sit here next to Robin, as he recovers from his injury in a bed in the Batcave. And to top it off, I had batman interrogating me.

"I don't know. Nothing was really useful in finding the doomsday device." I said.

Batman sighed. "Then what did he talk to you about?"

"Oh just about how much he loves me and that he wants me to burn in the explosion and that he used to have photos of me..."

"Wait." Batman interrupted. "He wants you to burn in the explosion. Key word. 'The'."

"Yeah. And that means?"

"It's not 'an' explosion. Meaning any random one. It's 'the' explosion. Meaning a significant one."

Realisation hit my face.

"He's going to destroy Gotham with a bomb!" I exclaimed.

Batman got up and walked over to his computer.
I put my hand on Dicks sleeping chest.

"I'll be right back." I said then followed Batman to the computer.

"What are you looking for?" I asked.

"I'm searching for anything that's been stolen recently that can be used to make a bomb big enough to destroy a city."

A list of items came up on the screen.
I read through most of them but stopped on one.

"Uranium." I said. "Maybe they've made a nuke."

"I was thinking this one." Batman said clicking on a chemical and bringing up some schematics.

"Obalid? I've never heard of it." I said

"That's because it's alien."

"Alien?"

"Yes. It was stolen from star labs two weeks ago. It's highly explosive and is easily powerful enough to destroy Gotham and surrounding areas. And it takes three weeks to become ready for it to become explosive. Next week's sixteenth will be week three." Batman explained.

"Wow. An alien bomb."

"Argghh" someone grunted behind us.

"Robin!" I turned around and saw Robin slowly making his way to us. He looked like he was in immense pain.

"Dick. Get back in that bed now!" I ordered.

"Nah. Nah. I'm fine." He grunted. About to fall over.

I ran over to him to support him.

"Dick. I really think you should go back to bed." Batman said.

"No. Bats. I'm fine. Just had a little shock." He said, putting his arm around my neck to get himself up.

"A little shock! Dick you had the taser set to the highest setting. That amount of voltage can kill people." I said.

"Do I look dead?" He asked.

"You are pretty close to being." I said. "Dick please. Go back to bed. I don't want you getting any more injured."

Dick thought for a moment. Then looked back at me with his trademark smirk.

"If I do go back to bed. Will you join me?"

"Is it going to make you lie down, rest and get better?" I asked.

He nodded.

"Then yes. I will join you." I smiled back.

"Ok then." He said letting go of me and limping back to the change rooms."

"Where are you going?" I called out.

"To change. I'm sleeping in the bed in my room. The Batcave one is a little uncomfortable."

I looked back at Batman. He was in his computer chair facing me

"Stay on opposite sides of the bed." He said and then turned around and went back to his research.

Pfffffttt. Like that was gonna happen.
I walked out of the Batcave and into my room and changed out of my Ocelot suit. I couldn't do this downstairs because there wasn't a female change room.
I then walked into Dicks room. He was already on the bed asleep but I got in anyway. His eyes opened.

"Hey." He smiled.

"Hey." I replied.

I moved over and rested my head on his chest. He wrapped one arm around my waist and kissed my forehead.

I looked up at the poster hanging over head of three acrobats. One man, One woman, and a young boy. The poster read The Flying Grayson's.

"Dick. Is that your family?" I asked.

"Yeah." He replied. "My mother, my father, and me. Together we made up the flying Grayson's. One of the best performances in Haly's Circus."

"Really? The best."

"Oh yeah. We did our stunts without the safety of a net." Dick smiled. But then I felt it disappear. "But if we did use a net. They would still be here today. They wouldn't be dead."

I felt something wet drop onto my hair. I looked up to see Dick crying. I sat up and hugged him.

"Hey. Hey. It's okay." I comforted.

I used my thumbs to wipe the tears from his eyes. He looked at me while I was doing it.

"I guess now you think I'm weak for crying."

"What? What makes you think that? If anything. I think it shows strength to be able to cry in front of your girl friend. You know I won't think anything less of you."

Dick wrapped his arms around me and hugged me like a bear.

"I love you Katie. I love you so much." He said.

I hugged him back and rested my head back onto his chest.

"I love you too Dick. I love you too."