Chapter 12

A few days later

"Hey Katie. Katie."

"What Dick?" I said a little annoyed. I still don't like this kids attitude.

"What did I miss in geography while I was gone?" He asked.

Is it mean to say I was happy he was gone for about the entire week.

"Not much. Nothing serious." I said.

"Oh. Ok thanks" he said.

The geography teacher walked into the classroom.

"Ok everybody. Today we are going to do a major assignment for the semester. You will be put into pairs and will plan a holiday for the two of you to go on. I've already picked your pairs."
He said holding out a piece of paper. "Lizzie and Gerald.
Frank and Scott,
Wendy and Mike,
Katie and Dick..."

Oh no. No. Why did I have to be paired with him. I can hardly stand spending two classes together with him.

"Gwen and Ben" the teacher continued.

"Looks like we're partners" Dick said with smile and a wink.

Ugghh. What is with the winking. He does it all the time.

"Dave and Sean,
Betty and Sarah."

The teacher stopped reading out names. "Ok this will be due by the end of the week. And you will have to do homework on it. Now everyone get in your groups."

Dick was already sitting next to me but he decided to move in even closer. He passed me a piece of paper with a phone number on it.

"In case we have to contact each other to talk about this."

"Whatever." I say putting the number in my pocket.

"And can I have your number?" He said. I stared at him. "You know, in case I have to call you about the project."

I sighed and wrote down my number and gave it to him. I'd only recently gotten a phone. And Tony only bought me it so he didn't have to wait for me to get home to give me a job.

"Oh and we might have to do some home work on this. So you wanna come round to my place and work on it?" Dick said with a smirk.

No. I really didn't. But this is due by the end of the week. I can't afford to  get bad grades on this.

"Yeah. Ok" I say unenthusiastically.

"Awesome." He says as the bell rings.
__________________________

I walk to the front gate talking to Barbara and Artemis.

"So." Said Barbara. "Your going to Dicks tonight." She nudged my shoulder.

"Ohh. What's going on between you two?" Said Artemis.

"Really Artemis. I not going there for a play date. I'm going because we have to do this stupid assignment together."

"Oh really? You know Katie. First you go to the house." Said Barbara

"Then you suddenly start dating." Said Artemis.

"Then you start hugging and kissing." Barbara said doing the motions to go with it.