Chapter 48

Robins POV

I was on Wally's shoulder as he sprinted through the hallways.

"Goodbye Dick. I love y........."

I suddenly heard the loud bang of an explosion going off.
The ceiling of the hall way suddenly started to collapse.

"Hold on!" I heard Wally say as a piece of ceiling fell in front of us.

He jumped over it and we burst out of the front door of the building just before it started to crumble.
We flew forward landing several metres away from the front doors.

I laid there on the ground as Wayne Tower collapses in front of me.
My vision was blurry. In front of me I could see the shape of someone.
A girl.

"Ocelot," I mumbled.

"Robin." Their voice echoed through my ears. "Are you okay?"

My vision cleared and I saw that it was Zatana

"Robin. Did you hear me?" She said.

"What. Oh. Yeah. Yeah." I replied.

She held out her hand. I took it and she pulled me up.

"Where's Ocelot" she asked.

My eyes started to water. And I looked back at the completely destroyed Wayne Tower.

"She. She sacrificed herself. To save the city."

Zatana's eyes widened.

"What! No. She. She can't be gone. She only just joined. We only just became friends."

"SHES GONE ZATANA!!!" I snapped. "SHES DEAD." I couldn't help it. I collapsed back into the ground and started to sob. "She's dead."

I don't know how long I sat there for. I don't know how long it was before someone could get me off the ground and back into the Bio-ship.
And I don't know how long it was before I could sleep again. Three nights at least before I passed out from exhaustion.

Alfred walked in and opened up my blinds.
I threw the blanket over my head to try and block out the sun light.

"Get out!" I growled at Alfred.

"No. Not until you get up." Alfred said calmly.

"And I'm not going to get up. I don't have a reason to anymore." I said depressingly.

Alfred sighed. "Listen Richard."

Did Alfred just call me Richard?

"You of all people should know that losing someone is hard. I remember when you first came to this manor. You rolled yourself into a ball and locked yourself away from the outside world. Just as you're doing now."

"Yeah well I guess that's what I do when I lose people close to me!"

"But this time you should know that it's not the right thing to do. You should know that you have to get out. Do something that takes your mind away from them. Away from miss Katie."

I lifted my head slightly out from under the covers.
He was right. I only started feeling better after my parents death when I put on the Robin suit and started fighting crime.