Chapter 3

The person who made my costume did a really good job. I have a cheetah print shit on with grey sleeves that go all the way down to my black gloves that match my dark hair. I have a black belt that has some utilities on it. Below that I have grey pants and black boots. I also have a cheetah print mask that just covers the area around my eyes.
I also chose a name for myself. From now on I will be known as...
Ocelot.
I feel like that name suits me because I'm fast and deadly just like an ocelot. An ocelot is also a cat and I'm a
cat-burglar do it fits that way to. It took me so long to design all this. The name took me nearly all week.
This week was one of the hardest weeks of my life.
I was pushing myself hard with training, studying a blueprint I'd gotten of the jeweller shop so I'd know where all the alarms and defences were, more training and trying to do the math of how much money this ruby would actually get me. Luckily it's the school holidays so I didn't have to worry about any of that stuff.
It had been a really long week and it still wasn't over because tonight is Friday night. And right now I'm crouching down on the roof of a building that's opposite the jewellers.
And I'm just trying not to have a panic attack.
How on earth am I going to pull this off. I'm an amateur. I'm going to get caught and I'm going to go to a delinquent facility.
"Shut up Katie." I said to myself. "You are going to get through this and it's going to be great."
I took a sheet of paper out of my belt and went over the layout of the building one more time.

__________________________

It was 1:00 am. I climbed down the building and ran across the road. I ran into the alley next to the jewellers and climbed up a fire escape. I was on the roof of the target building. I went over to one of the vents and undone the screws. I climbed down the vent and ended up in a room filled with glass cabinets full of Jewellery. And over on the far side of the room I saw it. The Ruby. It was actually smaller than I thought.
I checked around me trying to remember if there were any defences that would get in my way.
There shouldn't be any so I walked up to the big glass cabinet that contained the Ruby.
Now this was the hard part.
The cabinet had an alarm on it that would go off if it was disturbed. I had to deactivate it.
I pulled out a small device from my belt. It was an EMP (Electro Magnetic Pulse). I had to very carefully attach the EMP to the cabinet without making the alarm go off before I turned the EMP on. I slowly reached out and carefully put the device onto the cabinet. It stuck to it. After that I lightly pressed the button to turn it on. There was a small shock sound and then it went quiet. That meant it worked.
I lifted the glass off the top and reached in and grabbed the Ruby.
I put the Ruby in my belt and smiled.
I did it. I totally just did it. I turned to leave when I heard a voice coming from the darkness.

"I think you should put that back."

Out of the shadows emerged the dark knight himself. The Batman.

"Hmm. I was expecting it to be Catwoman." He said.

"You mean you were hoping it was Catwoman."

I turned to my right and his sidekick Robin came into view.

"Stand back bats. I think I can take this one." He said with a grin.

"Fine. Go ahead." Batman disappeared into the darkness.

"So you're new." Robin said walking up to me. "Who you supposed to be?"

"Me. I'm Ocelot." I said confidently.

It was weird. It was like as soon as I heard his voice I wasn't afraid of him anymore. He just sounded like a regular kid.

"Ocelot. I like it." He said. "Now how bout you just put that Ruby back and come peacefully."

"I'm sorry birdy. But that can't happen."

"I'm fine with that. I've been looking forward to a fight all night."

Robin launched at me and got me to the ground. I quickly punched him in the face before he could pin my arms down. He was dazed for about a second but it gave me enough time to get onto his back and pin him down.

"You want some help." Said Batman's voice from the darkness.

"No. I got this." Robin replied.

Robin managed to get one leg free and wrapped it around me. He then Pulled me off him with all his might. He then got on me again.

"You gonna surrender now?" He asked.

"Nope" I said

I was able to get pepper spray from my belt and I sprayed him in he eyes.

"Argghhh" he groaned

I pushed him off me and got up and ran. I jumped up into the vent. As I jumped I heard a batarang fly right by me. Mere centimetres from hitting me. I climbed up the vent. Back to the roof and left the area as fast as I could.
I was so happy. Not only had I gotten the Ruby. I had also beaten Robin. That's two things I'd never thought I'd do.

__________________________

When I arrived back to the apartment. Tony was sitting down watching Tv.

"You're back." He said. "Did you get it."

I nodded and pulled out the precious little Ruby.

"Ha ha. Yeah!" He exclaimed. " I knew you could do it. Well done Katie."

Wow. That was different. Did he just say well done. He's never told me that before.

"Thanks." I replied. "So how long till we can get money for that thing."

"Maybe a few days. I'll need to make some calls."

"Ok. I'm gonna go to bed."

"Yep" Tony said sitting down and studying the Ruby.

I fell onto my bed. It had been an eventful night. Maybe it was a good thing I started doing "professional
cat-burglaring" as tony called it. It was really adrenaline pumping.
I laid my head down on my pillow. And thought about where I could go with this new profession.

Yay! Robin and Ocelot met. What do you think of the name Ocelot? I didn't spend much time thinking about that name. I just played minecraft.
Ha.
Ocelots are cats.