Chapter 30

Tyler's POV

I'm parked outside of Carrie's apartment, waiting until precisely seven to ring the doorbell. I remember my highschool girlfriend say something like, "punctuality is sexy", and I guess it stuck...haven't been late to anything since 12th grade. Arriving 20 minutes early was probably overkill, but I need every advantage at this point. Nineteen more minutes and I get to see Carrie's beautiful face again. I can feel myself smiling like a fucking kid, but I just can't help it. Hopefully me ambushing her at work wasn't too stalker crazy. But then again, I've never been one to be subtle. The bigger problem to resolve is getting rid of her douchebag boyfriend. Definitely hated the idea of her going to lunch with him, let alone him touching her. I mean, whatever that guy has got going on, he doesn't know what's coming. I'm planning to full on steal this girl from him, and there isn't a damn thing he can do about it. Just gotta find a way to make her fall madly in love with me. Wait. What in the fuck? Love? What is wrong with me? What am I even saying? Do I need this level of emotion in my life right now? And just as I am contemplating this disturbing stream of thoughts, I see the little digital clock turn to 6:45. I can't take it any longer. What's 15 minutes early? No big deal.

I walk over to the front gate, about to press the button to get buzzed in, when an older lady with a dog walks out and holds the door for me. I thank her, practically leap up the stairs, reach her door, and ring the doorbell.

After a few moments, Carrie opens the door, and my eyes go wide, as I try not to stare. She's wrapped in a goddamn bath towel, her hair dripping wet, her skin glistening with drops of water, and I'm pretty sure I see some traces of soap suds on her cheeks and shoulders.

"Tyler!? Oh...hey! You're early," she squeaks, her eyes wider than mine, her tone panicked. I can see her exposed creamy skin start to turn pink. It's a struggle to keep my eyes from devouring this sexy, shy girl in front of me. The gentlemanly thing to do would be to look away, and give her some privacy to compose herself, but I am no gentleman. I greedily take my fill as I watch her fidget with the edge of the towel, trying to simultaneously keep it up to cover her chest, and pull it down over her naked thighs. It is the cutest damn thing. Also, it makes me want to reach over and yank the towel away so I can really see her luscious curves.

"Could you give me like a minute, to just...um...get dressed...and..."

I snap out of my indecent ogling, and give her what I hope is a friendly, non-creepy smile.

"I kinda like what you got on," I can't help but tease.

She points a warning finger at me, pretending to scold me. "You promised to behave," she says.

"Did I? Well, then, do put on some clothes, Carrie, because if you're dressed like this, I cannot seriously be expected to keep that promise."

She pads across the room, and shuts herself in what I am assuming is her bathroom.

I walk inside what is probably the tiniest studio apartment I've ever seen, and sit down on the edge of her bed. The springs of the mattress creak under my weight, and I shake my head with self deprecation, as my thoughts veer all too expectedly into the obscene.

"I like your place, it's...cozy," I say a little too loudly so that she can hear me through the closed door.

"Thanks. It's probably the size of your closet," she answers, as I hear her turn on the hair dryer.

"My closet is actually a little bigger," I say, even though I know she can't hear me.

I see a small pile of books on her bedside table, and I imagine her reading in bed before drifting off to sleep. In the far right corner, there is a small white desk with a laptop on it, and a cork board above the desk covered with newspaper clippings, magazine cutouts, postcards, and comic strips. In the left corner, an old TV is atop some kind of a wooden crate, which looks like it might collapse at any moment. Some DVDs are neatly organized in a tall column next to it. I take a look, and am surprised to find "Goodfellas" as one of the titles. It just happens to be one of my favorite films. I choose to ignore the fact that the title directly under it is "Titanic".