Chapter 15

Carrie's POV

Jonah is already waiting outside when my car pulls up. I get out and walk over to him, stretching out my arms, hoping he'll reciprocate my hug...because I really need one.

He hugs me, albeit limply, and then stares down into my expectant face.

"What?" he asks, as though I am doing something really strange to him. But I know he's not the touchy feely type, so I release him, and just smile.

"Let's go up," I say, and get my keys out of the purse.

When we enter my apartment, I reach over to the lightswitch on the wall, but Jonah places his hand over mine and stops me. What?

"Keep it off," he instructs, and snakes his arm around my waist from behind. Oh.

I feel his hands begin to roam all over my body, and I lean my head back against him as he's kissing my neck. I need this.

We walk together, somewhat clumsily, as he's still keeping himself attached to me, and at the same time trying to undress me. He pulls my t-shirt over my head, and then walks me over to the couch.

"I think the bed is more comfortable," I whisper, but he ignores me. He keeps pushing me over to the couch in front of the TV. When we finally reach it, he doesn't waste any time, and bends me over the side of it, and pulls down my jeans together with the panties. I feel the heat from his palms caressing my body, and I look over my shoulder to see him. It's too dark, and I can't discern his face, so I look away. I hear him unbuckle his belt. It really would have been better if he took all of his clothes off, not just drop his pants to his ankles, but I can't see him anyway... Also, it would be really hot if he said something. Like something sexy, maybe even a little dirty. Jonah never talks during sex.

"...the things I want to do to you..." my treacherous memory is taunting me. As soon as Jonah enters me, an image of Tyler's face flashes through my mind, and I struggle to banish the thought. I feel the hands gripping my hips, and the quick thrusts, and all I can picture is Tyler's hands holding me tightly as he possesses me. I moan, the pleasure building, and Jonah finishes, with a muffled groan. I was getting close, but not close enough...

"Sorry...it was..fast..." he stammers between breaths.

"It's okay," I say, standing up, and stepping out of my jeans. "I'm going to take a shower."

The hot water feels soothing. I scrub myself a little too vigorously, until my skin turns pink. I guess I am a little frustrated that Jonah didn't seem to care about me getting to finish, but maybe what I should really be more concerned about is the fact that I just totally fantasized about Tyler while my boyfriend was having sex with me. What is wrong with me? I love Jonah.

"Carrie?" I hear him call from outside the bathroom door.

"Yeah? I'll be out in a minute," I say.

"Oh, good. Cause I gotta use the john. I think that burrito I had for lunch was a bad idea," he says.

"TMI," I say, and scrunch up my nose.

I quickly finish my shower, wrap myself in a towel, and step out.

"Light the candle," I instruct, as Jonah enters the bathroom with a pained look on his face.

I dry off and put on my cozy pajama pants and a tank top. I glance at my phone and notice there's a text message from Alex.

*Hope you feel better :-)*

Great. I really don't want to have to lie to Alex, but the alternative is horrifying. I can't confess to him that I made out with his girlfriend's brother...twice. But it would feel good to finally be able to tell someone, and Alex is as trustworthy as person as I could wish for. I should just tell him. He is not judgemental, and he might be able to talk some sense into me.

*I'm fine. Let's meet up for lunch this week.* I text him back.

*I'm free tomorrow* he answers.

*Can you meet me at my work at 12?* I ask.

*See you then*

Jonah comes out of the bathroom. "You do not want to go in there," he says, closing the door shut behind him.

Now that's romance! My subconscious is mocking me.