Chapter 4

Tyler's POV

I'm not sure why I am even here. Tiffany insisted that I come, but now I am starting to regret it. The red eye flight from New York is catching up with me, and the liquor I overindulged in on the plane isn't helping my headache. I don't know anyone at this party, and my antisocial mood is only growing by the minute.

"Hey, how are you holding up?" Tiffany asks me, putting her hand on my shoulder.

"I'm good," I answer, avoiding the overly concerned look in her eyes.

"Look, I know you don't want to hear it, but I just have to say it. Nicole is a dumb fucking bitch," Tiffany spits. "I never liked her, and frankly I don't even know how you could stand her."

If Tiffany weren't my sister I would tell her to fuck off, but I know she means well. It's still making me feel like shit though.

"I really don't want to talk about it," I say, and take a sip of my beer.

"Ok. Sorry. I just had to get that out there. Please don't feel bad," Tiffany makes a pout, and then crosses her eyes and sticks out her tongue in an attempt to make me smile. It doesn't work.

"Alex seems great," I change the subject.

Tiffany's expression instantly lights up. "I know, right? He's amazing." Her eyes find Alex in the crowd and she smiles at him. That unmistakable smile of complete infatuation.

"I'm glad you wanted me to meet him. As your older brother I have to say, you could've done a lot worse," I tease her. Tiffany swats at my arm and nearly knocks the beer out of my hand.

"I'm gonna go put out more baby quiches," she informs me.

"Hey, is it cool if I take off?" I ask her.

"I don't think you should drive, being buzzed and all. Why don't you go up to Alex's room upstairs and sleep it off for a couple of hours? You know you need to catch up on your rest."

"Yeah, okay," I agree. I do feel a bit light-headed, and tired. Tiffany instructs me where to go, and I climb the stairs to find Alex's bedroom. His room is small, the king size bed taking up most of it. As soon as my head hits the pillow, I realize just how badly I needed to lie down. I turn off the lamp on the bedside table and quickly drift off to sleep.
———————-
I feel the warmth. The gentle breaths are tickling my neck. A slender arm is resting across my chest, and I feel the weight of her thigh across my waist. It takes me a moment to realize that I am still in Alex's room. In complete darkness. And though I cannot see anything, all my other senses are heightened. I can sense every inhalation. Every little movement. I hear the barely audible mewling sound escaping her lips. She moves her body closer to mine. My arms instinctively wrap around her body. I mark the curvy feminine frame in my embrace. She nuzzles closer to my neck, and I feel her breath there. Who is this girl?

I move a strand of her hair from her forehead and place it behind her ear. Her arm squeezes me tighter, and I run my fingers along her hand, her wrist, up to her elbow and back. The skin is so soft... She feels incredible in my arms.

I press her close and place a gentle kiss on her cool forehead. She sighs, I love the sound. This is exactly what I need right now. A distraction.

My lips reach her cheek and gently press there. Another sigh escapes her mouth. I rise up on my elbow and balance myself over her face. With my finger I tilt her face upward, and try to discern her features in the dark. I can make out the pouty shape of her parted lips. Her eyes remain closed, but I can see enough to know she is fucking hot. I don't know who she is, and how she ended up here, but none of it matters. In my extensive experience with the fairer sex I've learned enough to know when a woman is aroused. I know without a doubt we both want the same thing right now, and I'm not going to think my way out of this.