Chapter 33

Carrie's POV

It's early morning, and I probably have to get up now or I'll be late for work, but I am not moving to check the time just yet. Not when Tyler's heavy arm is draped around my waist, and his gorgeous sleeping face is inches away from mine. I am lying here in my bed, still in a state of disbelief at the reality of what transpired mere hours ago. Did last night really happen? A smile creeps up on my lips. Yes, it most certainly did. Was it as amazing as I anticipated? Oh, it was more...so much more. But what does it mean now?

Well, he did say he wanted us to be exclusive, and I agreed. But does that mean that Tyler is now my boyfriend? There are so many things I'd still like to know about him. Especially about his past relationships. And although he did say his past is in the past, I can't help but think that his ex girlfriend is not out of his life completely. Why would she still be texting him if she didn't think there was a chance they could get back together?

Tyler's movement interrupts my troubling thoughts. He slides his hand across my hip, and I feel his fingers grip me tighter. I turn my back to him, and scoot closer, so that he's spooning me from behind. His muscular arms wrap around me, and he nuzzles the back of my neck.

"Good morning," he whispers. Tyler's hips mold to my behind, and I feel his hardness there.

"I see you're an early riser too," I say, and hear him snicker. Shit. I didn't mean that!

"Oh, I'm up alright," he says, pressing his hips into me more.

I instinctively push my bottom back against him, and I hear Tyler groan.

"If you do that again, you're going to be in for it..." he says, as his hand moves up my body, and caresses my breast, capturing its peak between two fingers and tugging gently.

Tyler kisses my shoulder, and grazes the skin with his teeth. He then brings his hand between my legs. I squeeze my thighs together, and trap his hand there, feeling his fingers begin their sensual play.

"Damn, baby, you're wet for me already..." he whispers in my ear. I close my eyes, and reach behind to grip him with my hand.

I could never say this aloud, but when Tyler talks dirty to me, it is the biggest turn on.

His lips gently nip at my earlobe and I am becoming more aroused by the second...but just when I am about to lose my senses completely, my eyes capture the time on the little digital clock on my desk.

Shit! How is it 8a.m. already?!

"Crap! Tyler!" I scream, and nearly elbow him in the face, as I leap out of bed.

Tyler is understandably completely caught off guard, and dumbfounded by my demented behavior.

"Whoa, are you okay? Did I hurt you?" he asks, clearly confused.

"No, no, it's just that, it's eight! Eight o'clock! Can you believe it?" I continue yelling, as I run into my bathroom, and frantically brush my teeth, and splash water on my face.

"Umm... okay. I take it you're late."

I finish washing up as best as I can, brush my hair, and put it up in a very messy bun. When I run out of the bathroom, Tyler is fully dressed and is sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Don't worry, I'll give you a ride," he says, and I am grateful for his understanding.

I throw on some clothes, swearing under my breath when the goddamn stupid zipper on my skirt is tuck.

"Let me help you with that," Tyler offers, and comes up behind me, zipping up my pencil skirt with ease.

"Thank you," I say, and look at his face. I hope he's not too mad about this. "Raincheck on the morning sex?"

Tyler give me a sinful smile. "Oh, you owe me big time," he says, and slaps my behind playfully.

We get into Tyler's car, and I hear the heavy growl of the powerful engine when he turns the key in the ignition.

"Don't stress, babe, I'll get you there in a flash," he says, and releases the clutch.

Tyler weaves in and out of the busy streets of San Francisco, and expertly navigates the perilous downtown traffic of the city. I don't know if I'm just high from all things Tyler, but even watching him handle the car is somehow a turn on. The way he appears super focused, and in charge, but relaxed and confident behind the wheel is only adding to his masculine appeal. I notice the way his forearm flexes when he switches gears with the stick shift, and how his other hand grips the steering wheel, and I know I am lusting after this man something fierce! Was it really worth it to interrupt what was sure to be another epic love-making session to be a responsible employee?

No, bad Carrie! I scold myself. Of course you made the right decision. Kenneth is probably going to offer you a full time position soon, and you can't be coming in to work late. I have to be on top of it!....yes, on top, on the bottom, on the side... Damn it!

"You look really sexy in that skirt," Tyler says, breaking through my lustful thoughts.

"Oh, thanks...I kind of have to dress up for work," I say, and attempt to pull the hem of the skirt down over my knees.

Tyler revs the engine, and I feel the jolt of powerful acceleration. "So, what kind of a car is this anyway?" I ask, examining the chrome and black leather interior.

"It's a Mustang Shelby."

"If it's a Mustang, why does it have a cobra and not a horse as the emblem on the steering wheel?" I enquire.

"It simply means that it's a higher performance vehicle," Tyler explains. He looks at me and smiles, "I like that you're so curious, and you notice little things like that."

"Looks like it's built for speed," I comment, and trace my fingers along the chrome panel of the door. 

"It's a fun ride," he says, as he effortlessly parallel parks in front of my building. "So, can I pick you up after work?"

"I..uh..sure," I say. I wasn't expecting him to want to see me so soon, but I'm so happy that he does.

Tyler reaches over, and kisses me, softly, sensually. "So nice to finally be able to do that whenever I want," he says.

I smile at him. "I'll see you at 5?"

"I'll be here."

I exit the car, and run into the lobby, catching the elevator before its doors close.

Leona is standing there, clad in Burberry from head to toe.

"Oh, hey, Carrie!" she chirps, flipping her perfect golden locks over her shoulder.

"Hi, Leona," I greet her, and press the 12th floor button repeatedly.

"I still haven't received your RSVP," she tells me.

"Oh? To what?" I ask, not understanding what she's referring to.

"My wedding, silly," she says, and waves her french manicured fingers around.

"I didn't know I was invited," I tell her honestly. "Don't remember getting anything in the mail."

"That's strange, well then, I'll give the invitation to you later today! You'll be able to come, won't you? Everyone from the office will be there!"

"Oh, okay, well then, I'm sure I'll do my best to make it," I say. If I were absolutely honest, I would tell her that I don't really care to go to her wedding, but given our awkward history, I don't think that's an option.

The elevator arrives on the 12the floor, and I exit, leaving Leona behind. As I make my way to my desk, I notice Kenneth get into the elevator with Leona.