Back to Good

I had a rough time falling asleep that night after my fight with Demi & when I did manage to fall asleep, I wouldn't stay that way because a nightmare would wake me up. When I woke up, at one point, with a start & saw the sun was up, I got out of bed. I went to the kitchen to get a drink & was surprised to see Demi there, sipping coffee. I guess it wasn't as early as I thought it was. Demi looked away when she saw me come into the kitchen.

"Listen, I don't know what happened last night, but I didn't like it. I don't want us fighting & now that I know you would choose Joe over me... well.... I'm going to look for my own place this week. I mean I have the money, so it's not that big of a deal." I said to her, watching her, closely.

Demi spun around & came to stand in front of me, shaking her head, wildly. "No. You don't have to move out. I am so sorry for fighting with you last night. You were right. I was jealous. But not the way you think. I'm used to being the only woman in your life. You have all these girls now & even with your mom, you seem like you're going to reconnect with her, eventually. I'm jealous of them all because I'm supposed to be your best friend. I'm supposed to be the only girl you trust or have fun with. I know it's stupid & selfish so I am sorry. Please don't move out." Demi pleaded with me, reaching to touch my chest.

I sighed. "You're always going to be my number one girl, Demi." She had no idea that I meant that, quite literally.

"Same goes for you & I would never choose Joe over you." She took a step back & licked her lips. "Do you really think he's cheating on me?"

"No." I answered, quickly. I wasn't ready to hurt her with this information, plus I have no proof of any wrong doing on his part.

She let out a breath of air. "Good. So are you going to stay?" She made an adorable face that she knew got to me.

I rolled my eyes. "Yes, I'll stay. As long as there are no more fights."

Demi squealed as she threw her arms around me in a hug. I held her in my arms for a few minutes, then she had to go to work. "I have no intention of fighting with you. Okay...Have a great day, Nick. See you later." Demi said before she left, then I decided to try to sleep again. I was able to fall asleep, easily, now that Demi & I were back to good. 

The rest of that week, I went to the gym, applied for jobs, had interviews & even went on two more dates with girls from the gym. I had sex a few more times with Lexi, but we did it, quieter the other times. This was Lexi's spring break, so she had a lot of free time & I had a feeling once she started school again the following week, I wouldn't see as much of her. I didn't have any feelings for her, so it wasn't that big of a deal. I was starting to feel like a manwhore anyway, even though, I wasn't sleeping with any other girls.

I invited Tucker to my party that weekend, when Thomas & his dad visited me at the gym. Thomas was the guy I saved & his dad, Walter Bigelow, was the one who organized this huge celebration in my honor. Men & women from armed services all over, were invited & also being celebrated. The State senator & the President of the United States were supposed to attend, so I was getting excited the closer we got to Saturday.

On Friday, I heard from my mom & she still sounded sober, so I invited her to my celebration on Saturday & told her where it was. I would add her to the guest list, but I warned her that if she caused any problems, she'd be escorted out & I'd never talk to her again. I was really hoping she didn't cause any issues.

Friday night, I was relaxing at home with Demi, since Joe had a game. "Would it be okay, if I brought Joe to this thing tomorrow?" Demi asked as she handed me a soda she got from the fridge.