Perfect Life

I heard Beth clear her throat so I looked at her & chuckled, nervously. "I'm not thinking about it right now. Denny getting married is enough for awhile." I answered Beth's question & she responded by sticking her lip out.

Beth broke out into a giggle & shook her head. "I was totally kidding. We haven't even been together a year yet. I mean maybe after a year, it's something to consider." She puckered her lips & I leaned to kiss them.

The rest of the day, Beth & I enjoyed the festivities. Beth & Demi did a lot of talking & I could see that they were definitely going to be great friends. I even spent a lot of time that day talking to Hunter & the more I talked to him, the more I liked him. We actually had a lot of similar interests. He was into working out & enjoyed the world of MMA, as well as enjoying cars. Him & I had a lot to talk about & it was easy with him.

Denny & Lydia were planning on getting married in October of that year, so that gave us the whole summer to get ready for it & for them to prepare. Lydia asked Beth to be her maid of honor & Denny asked me to be his best man, so we were both a little excited about the upcoming nuptials.

During the summer, I spent a lot of time with Demi, sometimes just the two of us & sometimes, Beth & I would triple date with her, Hunter, Denny & Lydia. The six of us had a lot of fun together. We'd go to ball games & movies. We'd have dinner regularly or we'd just hang out at one of our places. The girls would sometimes do things together & the guys would do things together. Hunter was becoming one of my good friends & him & Denny were close, too. Demi & Beth were also extremely close & it made me happy. There were days when I'd go to Beth's & Demi would be there hanging out. They'd drink wine together & cook together & watch popular dramatic TV shows together. More often than not, I was third wheeling it.

Many days over the summer, the six of us would go to the beach & that was the most fun, honestly. I loved the beach & ever since Beth came into my life, I was less self conscious about the scars on my legs. In her eyes, I was perfect & I started to believe it. While I was in the water, I didn't have people staring at me, but when I laid on the sand, the stares sometimes happened. Not too often, though & I think most of it was probably in my head.

I was still going to school & working full time, but I managed to have fun with my friends. My life was full & I was so incredibly happy that I felt like it could not get more perfect. When October came around, it was time for a bachelor party for Denny since he was getting married a few weeks later. He tried to say he didn't want one, but I didn't give him a choice. I enlisted the help of Tucker & we threw Denny an amazing party complete with some beautiful girls. Tucker was dating a ring girl from the gym & she got a bunch of her friends together for the celebration. We had the party at the gym, complete with gear & the cage open, ready for anyone who wanted to spar. The girls mingled, giving Denny a lot of attention & the night was a huge success.

Across town, the girls were having their own celebration & I saw a few glimpses of what they did when they'd post pictures on social media or Beth would send me pictures to my phone. Their party was complete with male dancers & I was only a tiny bit jealous. I was glad they were all showing Lydia a good time.

The wedding was beautiful & the reception was a lot of fun. Beth had been teaching me how to dance over the last several months, so she pulled me onto the dance floor so we could dance. Later, Demi came up to me. "Beth did an amazing job teaching you some moves. You're a lot less awkward than you were at our high school dances." She snickered.

"Want to take a spin on the dance floor for old time's sake?" I held my hand out & she smirked as she placed her hand in mine. I smiled down at her as I led us to the middle of the floor, then I slipped my hand to the small of her back. Her hand rest on my upper arm as we started to dance. For the first few minutes, we didn't say anything, then I cleared my throat. "You look beautiful tonight. Which is probably why Hunter is having a hard time keeping his eyes off of you."