Connection

It was remarkable the way I felt around Beth. There was this undeniable connection between us that made me feel incredibly comfortable. It felt like I had known her for years instead of minutes. She was talking to me like we were old friends as I drove us to the bar & grille, Denny told me to meet them at later. I loved hearing her talk about how much she loved California since she grew up in Ohio. Her voice was smooth & I could listen to her speak for the rest of my life & be in Heaven. She spoke eloquently, which I admired, since people often tell me that I mumble or muffle my words. I learned that she went to college in Ohio, studying dance & then got an offer to join the company, Denny was a part of.

"So you've known Denny a few months then? I wish I'd met you sooner." I said to her as the waitress left us at our table, in Rudy's Bar & Grille.

Beth leaned on her arms & a tiny smile played on her lips. "We almost did." She said with a raise of one eyebrow.

"We almost met before?" I asked, my face looking confused, I'm sure.

She nodded, quickly & looked adorable. "I was going to introduce myself to you, but you were talking to some girl in the kitchen & you looked really into her. It was at Denny's Halloween party." She said, then looked down at her menu.

I sucked in my breath, thinking she probably saw the scene with Demi & I was now embarrassed. "You must have had some costume because I would have remembered you." I didn't think I had a chance with her now since she knew about my baggage.

Her smile got a little bigger as she looked up at me. "I was the grotesque widow with the black veil." She let out a slight giggle & I couldn't help but to smile at the sound.

"I remember that costume. So you were there...."

"Yes. I know all about your feelings for Demi & that you & her had sex one night." She put her menu down & leaned back in her chair, looking a little smug.

"Oh geez...." I rolled my eyes.

"Don't worry. Denny explained to me a few days later what was going on. How you're not seeing her, even as friends, for a while, so you can get over your feelings for her."

"Denny told you all that?" I asked, scratching my face.

"He needed to talk to someone & I was there & I had told him that I thought you were hot when I saw a picture of you & him he posted on Instagram. He encouraged me to talk to you at the party but then all that stuff happened." She shrugged, then the waitress came over with glasses of water. Beth took a sip of her water, watching me over the glass. "So how is the, getting over your feelings, thing going for ya?"

I didn't answer her right away, because I was still feeling excited that she told Denny I was hot. Finally, I cleared my throat to reply. "I miss her friendship, but it's definitely helping me get over my feelings by not seeing her. And then... " I motioned toward her & smiled. "Meeting you is helping I think since I got some warm & fuzzy feelings going on inside me right now. And Demi isn't anywhere around."

"Really?" Beth cocked an eyebrow as she bit her lip.

"Yes, really. I feel this thing between us... maybe it's just me... I don't know. You did say I was hot, so.... anyway, I feel something here."

"I do think you're hot & for your information, I feel it, too." She replied, just above a whisper. "It actually feels like I've known you forever."

My mouth fell open as I let out an excited chuckle & nodded my head. "YES! Exactly." I leaned my chin on my hand. "So what does it mean?"

"It means that we have a connection & we should pursue it further."