Epilogue

Since the Christmas when Demi & I got together, we continued to be blissfully happy. A year after that Christmas together, I proposed to Demi on New Year's eve. We were on a yacht, just off the coast of Venice beach, watching fireworks at midnight & the moment she turned to kiss me, I was down on one knee, holding the open ring box out. I barely had to say anything before Demi was screaming, "YES" & smashing her lips onto mine.

That was the start of 2019 & on Aug 1, 2020, Demi & I got married. Our wedding was absolutely perfect, with nothing going wrong the entire night. Our wedding night was the best night of my life & our honeymoon was the most amazing time in my life, at that point. We went to Costa Rica for two weeks & neither of us wanted it to end.

Denny & Lydia had a beautiful baby girl, born on July 25, 2018 & they named her Rayna Beth. She was named after my beloved Beth, since she was the real reason Denny & Lydia got together & fell in love. Beth knew they'd be perfect for each other & set them up to meet, only to discover they had met years before in New York. Honestly, I was glad they named their daughter after Beth, because she was an incredible woman & one day they could tell her about the angel, she was named after. Denny & Lydia named me & Demi, Rayna's Godparents & we were so honored & took it very serious. We spoiled our niece, endlessly, while loving her as much as we could. I'm not bragging or anything, but we're her favorite babysitters.

It's now October 3, 2021 & Demi & I have had the most amazing life together so far. We've been happily married for the last year & a half & we've had, maybe, two fights since we got together almost four years ago. She was promoted, within her company, a few times & now she was Media Relations Manager, which was a position with a lot of responsibilities. She often had to be the spokesperson for her company when they had to speak to crowds on behalf of clients.

As for me, I continued my education & became a certified Automotive & heavy machinery mechanic, but I also went back to being active in the Marines. It took a lot of work & training, but now I was a mechanic for Armed Service vehicles, plus I also was a skilled sharpshooter, just as I had been before & I would train other Marines. I loved being a Marine & was glad to be a part of the Armed forces again, even if it wasn't out in the field. Demi was relieved about that, since she wasn't keen on me being active again.

I am still close with Tucker & work out with him whenever I could. He settled down, finally, with a girl named Tori, marrying her in the fall of 2020. Tori was a MMA fighter, so Tucker & her were a team to be reckoned with. I was still into the MMA world, but I didn't get in the ring anymore, since I got back into the Marines. I still loved to hit the bags, but as far as hitting other guys, I didn't want to accidentally kill someone, since I was trained to kill with my hands, if I didn't have a rifle in them. Not to mention, it could be a liability, if I hurt someone. I would, however, help Tucker in the ring, so that was satisfying to me enough. I would let him hit me when he was training before a fight. Just being in the gym, for me, was something I loved & tried to do it a few times a week. My schedule was cool because I could make it up myself & I'd schedule myself gym time.

A few months before our wedding, Demi & I moved into the house of our dreams. It was in Sherman Oaks & we got a pretty good deal on it, because Walter, who had married my mom a few months after I married Demi, knew the sellers. The house was perfect for raising a family, which Demi & I couldn't wait to do. We had started trying right after our one year anniversary, so we hoped it would happen for us soon.

Since it was a Sunday, Demi & I were both off & that was our day to spend together. We tried to make it a point, every week, to spend our Sundays together & nearly every other Saturday, was date night. When it wasn't a date night Saturday, we would do something with our friends. We were a well oiled machine & amazingly happy, making everyone around us make fun of our "perfect" life. I didn't mind, because my life was perfect & I would not change a thing. I didn't take things for granted, but I also tried to remember to be grateful for the perfection, because at any moment, the tables could turn & it could all disappear.