~Chapter 4~

Thanks for reading!

--------

"What?" Suzuki mumbled, doing a double take. I opted to stay silent.

"Well?" Suzuki scoffed. "See you haven't!"

"I have. My Crime Coefficient has gone to.. to-"

"To what?"

I swallowed.

"2000..."

"2000?" Suzuki breathed. "That's a lie! Nobody's ever gone to there! You liar!"

"Well, I did." I smiled, standing up again. "My Hue? It was black. Pure black once."

It was true. My Pyscho-Pass once got so bad they had to knock me out for a whole month. My hue? Well, I've seen the colour black so many times it's almost comforting. The only thing keeping me going was the thought of there being an end.

A fair ending. To all of this.

"Black? How!?" The teenager wailed from the other side of the room.

"It.. just happened."

Suzuki's eyes shimmered with tears, and before I knew it she had thrown herself into my arms. The pink gas had now reached us, and I could feel Suzuki losing strength with each sob.

Eventually she fell asleep against me, both of us letting tears reluctantly drop onto the floor. I didn't fall asleep though. That was a small part of my high Hue and Pyscho Pass problem. The pink gas just didn't affect me, so I couldn't calm down or even knock myself out.

That's what the drugged watch is for~!

I quickly left Suzuki in her bed, sound asleep, and charged straight out of the cell. Although the pink gas didn't have an effect on me, it was substituting my oxygen intake. Amongst the deep breaths I was taking, a hoarse whisper sounded.

"Zara!"

I coughed, trying to rid my body of the pink gas. I hunched over more and breathed out some more, looking around for the source of noise.

"Zara!" The voice was much clearer.

"What?" I sighed, glancing around to see Kyle and Mels looking oh-so-delighted to see me. I smiled sweetly. Mels scowled.

"What were you thinking?"

"Never mind that! Suzuki's Pyscho-Pass went from 154 to 160, and then it went to 130!" Kyle whispered excitedly, checking his clipboard.

"Really?!" I exclaimed loudly, but then covered my mouth.

"And her Hue went to light pink!" Kyle hugged the clipboard, and danced around in his lab coat.

"That's great!" Mel ignored him, "Your first experiment worked!"

I smiled at them both a little. It worked enough for her.

~END~