~Chapter 46~

thx for reading- look at the underlined letters cool stuff <3

--------

~NIGHTMARE LAND~

Claws raked across my back gently, almost as if just to wake me up. As I lifted my face slightly to see where I was, pain clamped my neck down in place and let a raspy scream escape from my throat.

"Hey~" I squinted at a figure who looked exactly like me. She stood up and looked at her hands, which, even with my blurry vision, were sharp. "Get up or I'll have to drag you to a coma!"

Onono, that wouldn't be happening in my nightmare land again! I ignored the pain in my spine and stood up. My conscience supported me strangely enough.

"Why am I here again?" I asked. I was back in nightmare land, but this time it seemed almost peaceful. Not nightmare like at all. When was it ever nice here? Gentle fields, heck, even the light was warm and welcoming.

"You were shot in the spine while trying to ko mother." She laughed a bit, wiping a fake tear from her eye. I threw her arm off me and stormed off angrily.

"Where's the exit?" I demanded. Looking out across the surprisingly nice landscape, there was nothing apart from grass and a stream not too far away. Dang it. I didn't want to stay with her any longer than necessary. She really creeped me out sometimes. She could also actually drag me into a coma like she said, and the last time- *shivers*- I don't even want to think about it.

My conscience walked towards me and sat down on the grass, picking some of the lead blades out. Sighing, I joined her on the soft tufts of green. It wasn't often that we ever got to spend time like this. My eyes looked at her claws, sharp. Very~ sharp.

"You're right." She breathed.

"Excuse me?"

"I said, you're right. We don't have time to spend together like this."

"Yeah."

A few minutes passed, and we just sat silently.

"Hey conscience?"

"Call me Zaz."

"What?"

"I like it better- and you can use it too, just after this... conversation."

"Okay Zaz, I'm just confused about why we're just sitting here right now and you're not trying to kill me!" I eyed her clawed hands suspiciously. At any moment she could just attack me like a blender.

"Huh? Why I'm.. not trying to... kill you?" She looked towards me in alarm.

"Yeah!"

"I didn't-" She paused, thinking about something. After waiting for a while and flicking her a few times, she responded.

"I want to tell you the truth."

My heart thudded louder for a beat. The truth? So what I already knew wasn't all of it?