~Chapter 9~

Thanks for reading! <3

--------

"I would just go tell them, but if I did then the whole of the MWPSB would find out. Then the whole hospital. Once it gets to the press its over." I breathed out.

"You're right there, but I think you could trust them. They look like nice people!"

"I can't really trust anyone apart from you, Kyle, Mels, and Jake. They would just add to the stress, I think I'll just continue with my life." I laughed, standing up. Jeanine picked up the plate and set it behind her.

Jeez, you really know how to lower the mood don't you!

Jeanine started to potter off, cackling quietly in a nice way. "We're all here for you Zara- remember that!"

I chuckled and glanced at the MWPSB, who now had guns.

Wait-guns?

No not guns, just dominators.

Wait-dominators?!

Not dominators! It was the one thing that would absolutely positively give me away!

uGHHHH WHY ON YOUR BIRTHDAY WHY CANT THEY LEAVE JUST LEAVE

I licked my lips and listened as my watch started to whir, giving me some more Iosine. Would this kill me? Probably not. I scooped the tablets into my mouth and let the calming feeling wash over me.

Next time could you plz gimme a warning k thx bye

Alright, alright! I'm in a hurry here!

I wiped the sweat off my forehead and sneaked away through the chairs, making it to the door and letting relief wash over me. The door! Sweet salvation-

"I didn't know citizens were allowed inside the staff dining area."

AW ****** **** ******** ***

After twitching at my conscience's bad mouth, I felt the watch dig something into my skin. Most likely the sleeping drug.

"Your Crime Coefficient-"

Don't waNNA HEAR IT B-

Muffling the watch, a wave of drowsiness came over me and I struggled to stay upright. I groggily turned around and looked back at all the police officers staring at me.

"You heard me, citizens aren't permitted anywhere other than in the cell meeting rooms and waiting rooms. What are you doing here?" A strict man with straight hair sneered.

"I'm part of the staff." My croaky voice answered, backing out of the door.

"Your attire is certainly not appropriate." The other man with black hair sighed, looking at a screen on his watch and bringing it up to match my face. Confusion flashed across his face for a moment, but he wiped it off quickly.

"She is part of the Psychology Department, but what was she doing here so early?"

Well, it's her birthday and you annoyiNg-

"I woke up too early.." I whispered, scratching my head.

"How can this little cute thing do that?" The auburn haired man smirked, waving in a goofy way.

"Yeah... I was too excited for something.."

"Why were you trying to sneak away?" The woman bravely spoke up.

I glanced at her and paused, breaking into a small smile.

"I was scared you'd arrest me for interrupting your work or something.." I sheepishly whispered, and the woman's gaze softened.

"That's not a valid reason to arrest you, so don't be scared." She smiled.

"We need to ask you a few questions, about a very recent hacking to the MWPSB's private files from this building." The arrogant man beckoned me forward. I slowly shuffled closer to them and peeked at their detective badges for a split second.

"What do you want to ask?" I smiled, ignoring my eyelids dropping. They formed a semi circle around me and the jacket guy offered me a biscuit.

I cautiously took the biscuit and bit a small section. The taste was recognisable straight away. Melanide.

This is gross can you spit iT?

nO. I can't go arOund spiTting.

Melanide's a substance which is sort of like a truth serum in a way. It makes you go all happy-go-lucky, like, hyper? In any case it makes you reveal things you don't want to, but because of my lovely condition I can't be affected Melanide. I have no idea why. Just is.

TasTes rAnk thO

I munched the rest of the biscuit and mouthed a 'thank you' to the jacket guy. He flashed a smile, and I turned to arrogant guy, who looked at me irritatedly. This would get interesting.

~END~