~Chapter 17~

reupload;;

--------

My heart must've missed all of its beats in the next 10 seconds, because everything was silent.

Akane- was silent.

The police- were silent.

I- was silent.

Even the crowd, who were really getting on my nerves- were silent.

The woman was panting heavily, finger still outstretched and pointing threateningly with her cheap stick on nails. I hope my Crime Coefficient isn't rising as quick as I think it is, because that would spiral to a whole other disaster. My Hue was probably nearer the higher colours again, I'm guessing a dark, mystical magenta. Crime Coefficient- 170 now.

"What evidence do you have towards that claim?" Akane broke the silence, standing up. "You should not accuse others without the correct evidence."

 Visibly, I sighed in relief and stood up, wobbling slightly. Thank God for Akane's strict morals on justice. The other woman lowered her finger and threw a fit, and I mean a proper, toddler fit. 

"Why! Won't! You! Believe me!" She cried out, stomping on the floor with every word. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say she had lost it on a completely different level. I think the past hour had been really stressful for her. I mean, she was attacked by me and passed out from shock probably by me, as well as being strangled near to death by me. I would've snapped way earlier than her, I already did actually. 

Akane stepped forward with her hand on her dominator.

"There's no need to be angry Miss, we'll hear you out if you calm down." She spoke in a serious tone, slowly clicking her dominator out of place. Since I was standing right next to her dominator, I slowly edged away from the barrel of the gun, in case it spotted me before Akane even aimed at her target. That would be bad. She held her ear, probably an ear piece, and nodded while looking at me. "You should move away, things could get dangerous." 

I nodded and shuffled away with the shock blanket still around my shoulders.  At least I would be free from the dominators. On the way to the police car, I was scooped into a hug that could be only from one person and accepted it gratefully.  

"Zara!" Kyle had returned to save his poor subordinate from public humiliation! I buried my head into his lab coat.  He gently placed his arms around me, almost as if he was afraid that I would snap again. It reminded me of when I was little, the same way mother used to hold me after it happened. "I was so worried, I thought- I thought..."  Kyle's voice broke. A chuckle was muffled against his lab coat. 

"Kyle, why do you worry so much?" I sniffled, unable to say any words like 'I would never run away' or 'I'm fine'. Kyle was one of the people that I trusted the most and I wouldn't be able to function properly without him. He was like another carer to me when the actual distance between my parents and I got too overwhelming, and always respected me when I told him and Mels about my situation. You may think 'oh no but wait author you can't do that Kyle was all chill in the other chapters what happened', but it just shows you how people can change. We were close. He was always there to ground me back to Earth.

"A-alright you two! Don't start crying now!" Another voice called out to us. Kyle and I broke apart, only to see Mels with tears pricking in her eyes.  With no regrets I launched myself towards Mels like a little child and latched onto her.  Mels started wailing, and we stayed like that for a while, me being the one comforting Mels ironically. 

"She had quite a shock, I'm surprised you aren't crying as well, considering your state!" A voice laughed. Kagari was now there, with his dominator and goofy smile.  I grinned, tried to hold back the tears threatening to spill, and looked at the carnage near the bus, frowning slightly. The whole troupe had dispersed onto the street and were now in an intense fist fight with a squad of enforcers. I was more afraid of the enforcers than the dominator pirates to be honest. Kagari gave all of us a thumbs up. "Don't worry about that, they've got it covered!" He brightly giggled.. in a manly way.

Suddenly, one of the crew pulled away and pointed their dominator in our direction. After the initial adrenaline shock, we watched warily as the guy was pulled down by a nearby enforcer. The psychologists nervously laughed and waited for the horror that Kagari would've caught on.

Just forget it.

Forget it.

Forget it. 

Forget it-

Kagari suddenly slammed a hand on my shoulder. His arm pulled me into an awkward hug. Definitely surprised, I cautiously slipped my arms around his back and narrowed my eyes at the friendly gesture. Is this what Japanese people do to my type of criminal ?? I can vouch that for England and Russia that they don't treat us very nicely. 

All was silent again, only for a moment, before I heard a click. My heart quickened its pace immediately.

"Woah woah woah! Where are you pointing that thing?!" Kyle exploded, making my head jerk up to feel the cold metal of the dominator against my skin. Oh, add Japan onto the list.

"Just out of curiousity..." He repeated innocently, stepping back to see the monitor.  My eyes stared blankly at his face, flitting to Kyle and Mels, who looked like they were about to pulverise Kagari. 

Crime Coefficient is 38. No cause for attack, dominator is locked." The dominator spoke, to my surprise. 

38?! I felt like rekting everyone and giving them a 3rd degree burn, but I was held back by the dominator speaking again.

"Crime Coefficient is 55. No cause for attack, dominator is locked." The dominator blurted out. Kagari smirked.

hhmmmmMMMM

Now- a battle between mind and Sybil. Who would win?

~END~