The Journey [49]

CHAPTER 49

(Luis Patrick’s POV)

Wednesday~

“Welcome back Pres!” Bati ni Kuya Jobim sa akin nung pumasok ako sa SC office. Kararating ko lang sa school. In-enroll na ako ng assistant ni mama few weeks ago. E kaso nga kararating ko lang kahapon at ngayon lang ako nakapasok.. Pero base sa sched ko, wala talaga akong klase ngayon.

“Kumusta Kuya?”

“Everything’s well.. Wala naman masyadong problema during the enrollment. Pero yung school festival.. Malapit na yon, wala pa tayong plans.”

“Ganun ba? Papatawag na lang ako ng meeting bukas para madiscuss na.” sabi ko.

Tumango si Kuya, “Uh-uh.. Teka, akala ko wala kang pasok ngayon?” Owo nga pala, nagtanong sya kagabi kung kelan ang freeday ko this sem. Sabi ko wednesday =______=

“Ahh.. Opo.”

“E anong pinunta mo dito?”

“Gonna see someone..” I confessed sheepishly.

Kuya Jobim’s face brightened. “Alexxa Clara?”

I grinned.

Fck. Where was she? I’d been roaming around the university like a crazy dog but I couldn’t see her! Pumunta ako sa building nila pero wala sya.. Even her friends weren’t there! I tried calling her several times but she’s not picking up. It pissed me off. How could she ignore me? What was she thinking? That I wouldn’t come back and I’d married a pretty French woman? Fck.

 She could be retarded sometimes but nonetheless.. I still like her. OH! Isip mo a.

I like her maybe because she’s the only friend that I got.. Kaibigan na alam kong hindi ako i-be-betray (EHEM. Paging Christian!!) at kaibigan na hindi ako mamanyakin (The Rest of the Girls from my class, etc.).

Alexxa Clara del Valle is like.. the densest girl ever. She’s crazy. She cusses a lot. She swears a lot. She curses a lot. She hits. She slaps. She eats like a pig. She glares. She easily gets pissed off that’s why I love teasing her. She doesn’t care about how she looks. She doesn’t know that she’s beautiful. She’s basically not your girl next door..

Why do I keep on hanging out and spending my time with a witch when I can date other pretty girls out there? I know there’s something wrong with me. But I’m not interested to find out about it yet.

I was so hopeless that I ended my ‘Finding Alexxa Clara’ operation in the library.

“Hi Luis!” Bati ni Ma’am Lourdes, librarian.

“Good afternoon ma’am!” I flashed her my warmest smile.

“You need something? Maybe we could find it for you..” She offered awkwardly.

“Err.. Thank you ma’am.. But I know my way..” I smiled again before I went to my favorite spot inside the library.

I slumped in one of the seats and stared at my phone. “Where the hell are you?” I whispered in the silence.

When was the last time I was here? Was that the second time I met Clara? She hit me that time and I was sent to the University Clinic. What a weakling! Aish. Nahihiya talaga ako sa sarili ko pag naaalala ko yon. Oh well, no one knew why I was hurt that day. HAHA!

Masyadong malakas ang hangin and it made me want to sleep.. I almost fell for a nap when I heard tapping heels coming on my way. May iba na bang tumatambay dito? O.o