7) Christmas Party

Sophia-

Sophia spent all morning baking; she found replacement ingredients that would make them taste just like home.

"Paper cut," Sapphire said for the fifth time. She was making the goodie bags and cutting the ribbons, making them curly.

"Be careful," Sophia stuck her tongue out, concentrating on swirls for the cupcakes.

She heard the front door open; Taylor entered with two women and two children. "Hey."

"Hi," she smiled.

"Grandma's," Sapphire stood and moved the decorative box filled with goodie bags from the recliner. "Sit."

"Goodness, it's like a Santa Clause puke all over this place," the woman said. "It's beautiful."

Taylor helped her sit on the recliner and draped a blanket over her lap.

"Koa, don't even think about it," Senna enters with gift bags. "Sit down."

Sophia smiled, grabbed two cupcakes, and gave one to Koa and Ophelia. They are made with honey but still taste like a cupcake."

Koa and Ophelia sat on the couch; both were in matching outfits: Koa had red overalls with a white shirt and green coat, Ophelia the opposite color, same white shirt. Both had black snow boots.

Sapphire turned the TV on and put on Christmas cartoons; it kept them occupied for one. Koa is calm for once.

"Sophia, this is my mother, Maryanne," Taylor said. "Mother, this is Sophia."

Mary smiled. "Your description was off; she's so beautiful."

Sophia wipes her hands on the apron. She's meeting Taylor's mother, it's so soon. "I would shake your hand, but my hands are sticky."

Mary smiled.

Sophia tilts her head to the side; Taylor's mother should be old and wrinkly. But she's so young.

"Well, my mother is joining us," Taylor said. "Senna insisted."

Senna places the gift bags under the tree. "She can't stay locked up in the house. I know there is danger, but we won't let those evil people win. I'll be with her at all times."

"Don't worry, grandma, I'll protect you," Sapphire smiled.

Mary smiled.

How did a beautiful woman give birth to Taylor? Not that Taylor isn't handsome. Sophia can't keep her hands off him. But still, there is no resemblance between the two, only their smiles and dimples.

Sophia got back to working on baking. It was around five in the afternoon when she finished, all placed on silver platters decorated with candy canes and chocolates.

She spent another two hours getting ready for the night. She was right to worry about Taylor's choice of undergarment. It's nothing but string. She wore it anyway to please him.

"Sexy," he said as she was slipping on the dress.

"I knew I shouldn't have trusted you with picking my undergarment," she sighed.

"Still sexy," he tugs on the elastic. "Later tonight, I'll be taking it off."

She smiled. "Hey." She turns to face him. "Your mother, she looks so young."

"Vampire blood," Taylor zipped up the dress. "My father managed to remove the toxicity, creating a healing pill and pill to stop aging."

"Your father still cares for your mother," Sophia says, smoothing his shirt.