Chloe's Date or how Beca Mitchell Ended Up Chaperoning Prom

Era: After No Electricity (post­ engagement)  

It was Wednesday afternoon as Beca and Chloe exited the subway hand in hand walking towards a large brick building.

The building housed the youth center where the recordcompany Beca worked for held their afterschool program she was in charge of.

Chloe loved Wednesday's, Beca always left her office early, skipping lunch she'd meet her fiancé sothey could head to the program together.

"I know the spring music production is over and we're doing time filling activities today, but what are you thinking about doing for the summer?" Chloe asked swinging their hands as they walked along the side walk.

"I want the kids to write and record music but," Contemplating what was discussed in the meeting that morning Beca thought the idea had potential, "Sony wants a talent showtype thing."

Grinning Chloe dropped the brunettes hand, clapping hers together she skipped a few steps down the road.
"That's awesome, there's so much potential." Beca laughed at the excitement on her fiancé's face.
"I guess you're right.""Oh I know I'm right."
Walking backwards Chloe could see Beca's mind running in a hundred directions.

"They can incorporate the music they write into the show. They'll love it."
"I was given free reign." The redhead was bouncing on the balls of her feet waiting for Beca to catch up. "See it's a win­win situation!"
"You just want to be in it."

Reaching out for Chloe's hand Beca pulled her closer giving a quick kiss.
In a serious tone she added, "Let's hope you make it past auditions."   
"You wouldn't?"

Shoving Beca lightly Chloe giggled.
Looking over she saw the brunette suppressing laughter but nodding her head. "You suck. I'm awesome at talent shows."
Chloe abruptly stopped in front of the building, groaning at the sky in frustration. "I totally forgot to tell you.""What?" Beca asked concern lacing her voice.

"Someone bailed on chaperoning the schools prom Saturday." Looking down, Chloe saw her fiancé raising a questioning eyebrow.
"I don't have a choice I have to go. We have to postpone trying that Thai restaurant."

Beca let out a relieved breath as she started towards the door. "No big deal. You can relive your senior prom."
"Um..." There were a lot of things Chloe admitted to but this was something she's never told anyone, not even Aubrey.

Lowering her head she stared at the ground, "I never went to my senior prom."
This threw the brunette for a loop and she fell dramatically onto the wall. This couldn't be true, there should've been people lining up around the block to go with her. It was Chloe freaking Beale , the epitome of the whole package, smart, funny and beautiful.

Beca knew she was the most antisocial person in school but even she went to prom.
"Whoa," Beca stared at the redhead in disbelief. "How did the prettiest girl at Bayside High not go to the prom? Even I had a date and I hated people."
"That's it no more watching reruns of Saved By the Bell."
"Then you can't watch Boy Meets World." Reaching for the door handle Chloe pried it open.

It was instantly slammed shut a second later, "We're not done talking about this."
"Fine." Chloe folded her arms across her chest keeping her eyes downcast.
"You really never went?" Searching the redheads face Beca had her answer. "How did you not have a date?"
"I had a date," Chloe lifted her eyes seeing nothing but caring concern on the face of the younger girl. "I even had the dress and hair style picked out."

"So what happened?" Beca asked quietly.Tears were in her eyes but Chloe wouldn't let them fall. Letting out a shaky breath she answered. "My grandmother died. We had to leave so I had to cancel."
"Oh."
"Yeah."
Seeing the redheads face killed Beca, she never wanted to see that hurt and dejected look again. Grabbing Chloe, Beca pulled her into a hug. "I'm really sorry Chlo."
"You didn't know," Pulling back Chloe shrugged.