How Beca Mitchell Totally Redeemed Herself After Insulting Chloe Beale's Music

Pre-No Electricity, set about a month before they move into their house, the winter after Missing You (Chapter)

A/N 1: So I was writing a completely different oneshot for this fic when I hit a minor roadblock. Taking a step back I decided to try something opposite from what I normally write to get over that little blip.

Important Note: I make fun of U2, Nickelback and Hootie and the Blowfish in this fic. U2 mainly gets the brunt of Beca's aggression and they are one of all time my fav bands so I figured I could pick on them without feeling guilty. Every song or artist listed in this fic is on my ipod, except for Nickelback. It's the only band I really don't care for. ALL THE COMMENTS MADE WERE DONE IN GOOD FUN because I can see Beca and Chloe arguing over music...So please don't send me hate PM's if I offended your favorite band/artist, that's not my intention.

Anyways on with the show!

Walking into her office Beca slammed the door behind and fell into her chair. That meeting was bad, no one listened to their ideas for the afterschool music program. Instead, for twenty minutes all she got was blank stares from Sony Music executives who just seemed to be appeasing them by listening.

Unlocking her computer Beca started checking her email and irritably pounding out replies. A light tapping broke her concentration and she saw her boss smiling in the doorway.

Giving a half smile, the brunette waved the older man in, "Sorry I didn't stick around for coffee."

"Neither did I," Taking a seat David looked around the office before his eyes landed on his favorite employee, "Can I make a suggestion?"

"Sure," Sitting back, Beca rapidly clicked her pen.

"Don't send that email until you've calmed down," He said with a smile.

For someone who's always easy going, Beca could hear the frustration in David's voice. Letting out a chuckle she minimized the screen, "I'm sorry, but I'm just annoyed at upper management."

"It comes with the territory," David said sympathetically, "I know it seems like they're shutting us down, but give it time, they'll come around. We're still building this program from the ground up."

Beca sighed, "Then why prepare a presentation they were going to veto anyway?"

Since Christmas Beca had been wondering if taking this job was the right decision. Lately, it seemed like Sony Music was choosing the creative direction the program was going, which was completely opposite from why they hired her.

Shaking a finger the older man grinned, "They didn't say no. Trust me, when a record company says no you'll know it."

Twirling from side to side in the chair Beca let that sink in. Tossing her pen aside she gave a half smile, "So you're saying is they liked it?"

"No," Sitting back David tried to figure out the best way to explain himself, "And we're not going to toss away your idea either, I love what you came up with. We just need to present it from a different angle."

Closing her eyes Beca tried to think of another way to present their idea. They had been direct and forward with what they wanted, but they never mentioned how it would involve the kids.

Snapping her eyes open, Beca flipped open her notes and sadly looked them over, "We should've broken it down more efficiently. Instead of being like surprise," She picked up a children's book sitting on the edge of her desk, "How does a musical sound?"