Chapter sixteen

Songs- Explosions, Ellie Goulding

I've been here for 4 months now. Me and Jai are still going strong, im so close with the boys. Beau is like my older brother and James and Daniel too. Luke is like my best friend and I love him for accepting mine and Jai's relationship. Shortly after we announced me and Jai were officially together, Luke pulled me outside and he told me that he had feelings for me, but he was going to put them aside and respect my decision. I hugged him and apologised for ever giving him an impression that I liked him in that way. Kieron got into a massive fight and got a two month jail sentence, for having a sharp 'weapon'. Jack.... He got sent to a rehabilitation unit to get him of drugs and trying to kill himself. He receives therapy and I visit him once a week. I haven't heard from my parents once. Not a text, not one email or phone call. They have rung James once, checking that I still exist and having gone bat shit crazy.

I hate them; I never want to see them ever again. James said that I never have to go back and I can stay here forever, if I need to. He has been good to me, we are so close and I opened up to him and the boys a bit, explaining about what my ex did to me when I was just 15. They all hugged me and said if I felt like I wanted help they can arrange a councillor for me, but im not doing that I would even more out of place.

Yesterday I received a letter saying how Kieron wanted to see me so today im going to visit him. I can't help but feel nervous; I have a lot of explaining to do to him. As I walk out the house and borrow Daniel's car my nerves build. The drive there seems agonizingly long when it was only a 20 minute drive.

**

Here I am sat in the uncomfortable plastic chair waiting for him to come out. Then I see him, a black eye on his left, scratched cheek and tired eyes. He speeds up once he sees me but I don't move I just watch him intently. He sits down and after a few minutes I speak up. 'I love him Cook, im sorry I know you don't want to hear it but I do and I can't be close to you whilst im with him. It's not fair on anyone involved.' I say he just stares at me and slowly nods. Instead of responding to what I just said he changes the subject, 'How's Jack? He hasn't visited me...'

Shit he doesn't know.... 'Umm well Jack got sent to Rehab for having a drug addiction and he tried to commit suicide.' I say my eyes faltering at the sight of him with that gun pointing to his head, tears streaming down his face. I feel glad that I stopped him, I don't know what I would've done if I didn't. 'Why didn't anyone fucking tell me this?' he says, his London, cockney accent becoming more noticeable. 'Im sorry cook but you were the one who decided to get yourself locked up in prison. Im the one that pulled the gun from his head.' I say bluntly. I get up ready to leave. 'I did love you once Cook, but that love was toxic. Im not meant for you, and you're not meant for me. You will find someone, but you were right there will always be a me and you.'

I then turn around and walk out leaving him lost for words. I get home and go into the lounge falling onto the love seat instantly letting sleep take over me. I wake up to someone shaking me. 'Char we need to go now.' Jai says with a worried face. 'What's happened?' I ask.

'It's Jack he escaped rehab and they can't find him' I knew where he'd be and I know what he was going to do. 'I know where he will be we need to hurry if we want him to live'

We all hurried into the car and I sped the car up rushing to the destination. My hands began to tremble and my eyes were welling up. 'Char it's going to be okay we are here we will save him'

We pull up to the forest where we all got high once, I know he'd be here as when we came here to get fucked he said if he wanted to die anywhere he'd want to die here. I jumped out the van and sprinted to the lake, the boys following behind me. I came to a halt when I saw him with a gun to his head.

'JACK NO' his head shoots around to face mine. 'Charlotte I can't, I can't do it. Please just let me go'

'NO don't leave me' I say crying and trembling. He goes to pull the trigger but before he can I run to him grabbing his hands pulling it away, he still holds onto it tightly.

'Charlotte let go PLEASE'

'NO'

CHARLOTTE LET GO'

BANG

Jai's POV

BANG

They both looked and none of us moved. Charlotte's legs began to tremble.

But it wasn't Charlotte who got shot.

'NOOOOO'

'NO, NO, NO, NO, NO' charlottes scream agonizingly to her now dead best friend.

I run over to her pulling her to me from behind as she was hugging him tightly. 'NO' she screams again sobbing, her hands falling by her sides. 'Shhh Char its okay im her, shhh its okay.' But it was far from okay, she just saw her best friend kill himself not even 5 inches away from her.

Soon enough the ambulance who Beau rang arrived. But it was too late. A police came over to Char and pulled her away from the now 'crime scene' She squirms in his grip 'NO LET ME GO NO, NO PLEASE LET ME GO' She began screaming and kicking the officer but he stayed calm and took her to his police car and let her fall onto the ground. I have never seen her break like this before and it wasn't just her. Luke and Beau were sat up against a tree crying, James was with Char and Daniel was just stood staring at where the once living boy laid dead. I was stood slowly backing away crying grabbing my head. I don't know what to do.

Charlotte was finally getting better. She was happy

I am not letting her go back to that dark place she was once in when she first came here.

I promise.