Chapter 6 (Ryan)

Sunday morning a ray of sunshine shot at me, causing me to awaken. I rubbed my eyes and turned to check the time. 11:34am. I lazily dropped my head back down onto the pillow before Maya popped into my room.

"Hey, sleepy head," I heard as I covered my head with a pillow. Maya continued, "what were you planning on doing today?"

I remained silent and slowly began to fall back asleep before she sat on my bed.

"You're always laying in bed on the weekends. Come shopping with me and JJ."

All I wanted was a lazy Sunday filled with Netflix, popcorn and some occasional getting up to go to the bathroom.

It took Maya about half an hour to finally convince me to tag along. After her mission was complete, she got out of my room and into the shower. It was then when I sat up in bed, leaned my back against the wall and began scrolling through all my social media sites... you know, to actually wake up.

I then threw my phone to the other side of the bed and stood up to start getting ready.

After going into the shower once Maya was out, I chose an outfit I filed under cute and casual then stood at the vanity to do my hair. I combed all the tangles out of my hair as our other roommate came home stumbling and went straight into her room. I didn't give much mind to it. We were supposed to live with 4 people in the dorm but one girl was always at frat houses getting drunk and the other was AWOL. No one had seen this girl since orientation. She either had never left the room or only managed to go outside for a fresh breath of air whenever we weren't aren't. So basically, Maya and I almost always had the place to ourselves, even though all four of our names were written on the door.

After almost 15 minutes of trying to fix my hair, I decided to straighten it just enough to make a decent and loose French braid. JJ texted the group chat that she was downstairs.

Maya and I left the dorm and stood by the elevator, watching the two guys throw a football down by the patio. Soon enough, we were getting into JJ's car and on our way out.

We walked into the mall and debated about what we were going to do until Maya mentioned Victoria's Secret and everyone followed.

"Does this smell good?" JJ held it up to my nose.

I took a sniff and fell in love instantly "yes, get me one!"

She laughed and handed me one bottle.

I loved the smell so much; I got the perfume, body wash, and lotion.

We walked out of the store with 2 stripped pink bags. As Maya wandered into another store, JJ and I stayed back to sit on the bench outside and wait.

"So..." she hummed, "you and Ryan?"

I looked around and cleared my throat.

Was there really a Me and Ryan? My mind began to wonder.

Maya then walked out, shaking her head and making her way to the escalator. I avoided JJ's curious eyes and stood up to follow.

We sauntered around the mall for a bit more time and decided to drop off all our bags in the car then walk around some more. The smell of food taunted me as we strolled by.

"I'm starving," I mumbled.

"I've been craving some of that Japanese food ever since we got here," JJ said.

We all ended up getting a white styrofoam box filled with the best Asian food around then walked over to the big booth in the middle of the food court.