Chapter 28

Thursday 

I woke up a bit later than usual. I sat up in bed and stretched my arms out. I flipped the covers off and walked to the bathroom. After walking out, I saw the time and noticed I had missed all of my alarms. I had to get ready quickly. I slipped on my skinny jeans, white converse and my red and gold volleyball hoodie. Simple and cute. I made my hair into lazy, high, messy bun then put in a headband. I did my makeup then walked out the door. 

As I drove to school, my stomach grumbled a few times. 

"Oh shut up" I murmured. 

Walking through the parking lot at exactly 8:05, I got to the class late. 

"Crap" I saw through the window that Dr. Blake was already in a shitty mood and class had already begun. 

My eyes went towards Ryan who was rolling his eyes at what the professor was saying. Ryan shifted in his seat then our eyes met. The green in his sparkled against the room lighting. He saw the dilemma I was in and .. 

"Dr. Blake" Ryan interrupted. 

"Cole! I am talking!"  

Ryan distracted the teacher and let me slip in without him noticing. I silently sat down and acted normal. 

Dr. Blake walked up the aisle "Fitzgerald" he said as he stood at the board. 

I innocently looked up. 

"Were you-" he looked around "were you sitting there before?" 

"Yeah" I replied. 

"Really?.. I am getting too old for this" he shrugged and resumed his speech. 

I let out a breath of relief and looked towards Ryan. He was turned around with a sweet smile on his face. 

"Thanks" I mouthed. 

He winked and turned back around.

Class ended and we all walked out of the room. 

"What's up" Maya smiled at me while we stood at the hallway. 

We moved closer to the wall to get out of the way. 

"Ugh, just woke up late" I replied. 

Maya nodded. 

"Boo" Ryan shook Maya's shoulders. 

"AHHH!!" Maya screamed and turned around "you son of a -" 

"Hey!" I laughed. 

She punched his arm and pouted. 

Ryan laughed. 

"Hey you" I smiled. 

"Hi" he chuckled. 

The 3 of us walked down the hall. 

The bell rang while we were all talking. 

"Hey, Kristen. Imma have to cancel on you today. I have a lot of homework to catch up on and I'm not in such a great mood.." Maya said. 

"Awhh" I pouted "Ry, would you come to Starbucks with me after school?" I asked. 

"You go to Starbucks almost every day" he laughed as he looked down at me. 

"There can never be too much Starbucks" Maya giggled before walking to her class. 

"Sure I'll go with you" he smiled at me. 

"Yay" I stood up on my tippy toes. 

We pecked lips.