Chapter 53 (Ryan)

This was just too much to handle and fully comprehend. Ryan had been lying and hiding this from me since the beginning? How could he have done something like this so easily? I bet he has lied to me plenty of times...

I then decided to distract myself before my mind would lead one thing to another and cause me to overthink the entire situation. After paying the cab driver, I thanked him then went up to my apartment, cleaning the several tears that fell on the way. I closed, locked the door and went straight towards my room to land on the fluffy mattress and hug the pillow tightly.

What if all of it was a lie? What if this wasn't the only think he had lied about and I wouldn't even know it? He was right when he once told me I was ignorant and naïve. How could I have not seen all this coming?

Tears dripped off my chin and I noticed I had been crying the entire time. That can't be true. I knew Ryan didn't lie about everything... Right?

(The next day) Saturday

I needed to be alone. I needed to think.

I had been stuck home the entire day. Each hour I checked if he had called or texted or tweeted or any sign that he was even alive and breathing, but nothing.

I hadn't even changed from last night's clothes. I ordered in pizza, rented a bunch of old movies and stayed on the couch. It was already 8 at night and it wouldn't be such an off guess if I were to say that Ryan was now on his way to the party he was talking about.

Everything he said about how it had been happening since the day we meet...literally. If he weren't paying for Tyler's drugs that night Maya dragged me to that party, I would have never met Ryan...then I would have never been so hurt, offended and embarrassed.

I can't believe I am being so crazy and histrionic. Ryan wasn't the one selling or doing drugs, it was Tyler. Indeed, Ryan should have never been involved with such a thing but he wasn't the one doing wrong. He was just kind of caught in the middle...

RYAN'S POV

Not a word was heard from Kris. Yesterday, I was actually seconds away from calling her, but my conscience decided against it...

As I walked into the large house, I found I recognized more than half the people here, unlike the last party Kris and I attended. After bumping past half drunk bodies, I made my way to the kitchen in desperate need of a drink. By the smell and looks of this party, I knew it was going to be a long night. I wanted to start off simple so a beer was enough for now. Walls bouncing, music booming, the house almost shook with the amount of things going on at once.

When I turned around to find Tyler and end this drug money shit, I ran into a body much smaller than mine. "Ryan," she smirked.

My eyes trailed from her eyes and onto the tight dress she wore. When I looked back up, a giggle escaped her lips. After trying to move around her and getting to the point to why I am at this fucking party in the first place, she blocked my path and crossed her arms.

"Alright, cut the crap, Melissa,"

"We need to talk," she said.

Talk? The fuck does she want to 'talk' about; there is nothing to say between us.

I rolled my eyes and tried to move again, "talk about what? I already told her all of the shit I did so there is nothing you could threaten me with,"

"I am willing to bet you did not tell her everything," she pressed, bringing attention to her last word.

I froze when I began to think of what she had just said; dammit Melissa has always known way too much, "What the hell do you want?"

She smiled, "to talk."