Chapter 52 (Ryan)

RYAN'S POV

Her soft fingers traced over my hot skin. I knew I had to tell her, now was the time. I can't hold this knowing it could be the bare thing to tear us apart.

"Kris..." I mumbled.

"Mhhm," she said before smiling up at me.

She was so pure and ignorant. Everything was happening right under her nose and she had no clue...

Her finger swirled into circles as she took her eyes off of mine and continued her gentle caressing.

"Can I tell you something?"

"Anything," she replied.

I gulped hard as I thought of the consequences that would come if I didn't tell her soon, but if she found out on her own, things would go 10 times worse then they are about to.

She licked her lips as she waited for me to continue.

"Remember that night I took you out for dinner...when I said that I have made many mistakes even before meeting you?" I said, recalling one of the best nights we spent together.

Her answer was a simple nod, "where is this going?" she playfully rolled her eyes.

"Alright. Back a few years ago, I got into some trouble and no one but Tyler helped me out of the hole I had dug myself into...Before I met you we made a deal saying that I would pay for him so that I could give him what I owed. That night I met you at the party, I was there to-"

"Deal? Pay what for him?" her eyes slowly lost their glow as she listened to my what i was saying.

I sighed and tried to find the right words so that it wouldn't come out as bad as it seemed. I took in a deep breath in hopes that i could speak fast enough for her not to pay much detail, "Every two weeks I give him an amount of money to help I'm pay for drugs. Kelvin is the dealer and Tyler receives, sells and uses. I am only caught into this for the money, I treated you like shit in front of Kelvin so that he wouldn't know how much you mean to me and that way he wouldn't use you as a sick way to get to me. I am telling you-"

Her legs untwined out of mine before she got out of bed and ran her fingers through her messy hair.

"Kris, where are you going?" I sat up as I watched her put on her bra.

After she dressed herself wearing my red gym shorts and hoodie, she grabbed her clothes and phone. "I'm getting out of here."

"But- wait, what?"

She put her hair into a ponytail and walked straight to the door.

"Fuck," I knew something like this would happen, "Kristen!" I almost tripped as I put on my sweats and grabbed my black shirt and socks on the way out. When I had made my way out of the door, the elevator had just closed and I had no other choice, but to take the stairs. I reached for the emergency exit door took four steps a second, running down as fast as I could go so that I wouldn't miss her. Jumping steps at a time, after opening the door for the lobby, I noticed she hadn't arrived yet. Less than a second later, she practically jogged out of the elevator.

"Babe, please,"

She dashed out of the lobby and into the cold parking lot. Goosebumps covered my skin the second I stepped outside. Noticing her shivering, I could tell she was freezing under the unusually low Florida winter temperature.

"You said you'd hear me out. Just listen to me," I grabbed her arm before she pulled it away, causing my heart to sink.

"Don't,"